Marketing Executive - CWC19
We’re introducing this exciting role as part of the Marketing Team to support the delivery of the marketing and communications campaigns to deliver the world’s greatest ever cricket tournament. You’ll be working across a diverse range of marketing disciplines including everything from branding and creative campaigns to the trophy tour, youth programmes and ticket driving initiatives.
Who we are:
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You'll love this job if:
- You want to gain unique experience across a diverse range of marketing and communications projects, some of which you’ll lead.
- You’ve worked in sports marketing and want to take on the challenge of working on a world event, putting into practice your skills and experience to target UK and global fans.
- You can bring creativity and fresh thinking to the role, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved.
- You are a team player, have a positive attitude and will work hard to solve any problem you encounter.
You'll be doing:
- Supporting the Marketing Team and key stakeholders to deliver an integrated marketing and communications plan to achieve the agreed business objectives, in partnerships with the ICC.
- Collaborating across key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the marketing and comms plan is delivered with maximum impact e.g. venues, cricket clubs, ECB, ICC.
- Leading the delivery of agreed tasks to deliver the marketing campaign and achieve agreed objectives.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with partners, broadcasters and contracted marketing, media and PR agencies to support the delivery of agreed plans.
- Briefing and delivering creative assets (such as digital social media assets) required to effectively support the campaign – creating high quality elements for all channels in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with key commercial and broadcast partners in conjunction with the ICC to maximise the reach and engagement of sponsor and broadcaster partner activations.
- Ensuring all activities are based on insight, targeted at key fan groups, grounded in data and tracked with clear KPIs.
- Acting as a brand ambassador for CWC19, championing the event and driving collaboration and engagement both inside and outside the organisation.
- Delivering plans to fit within agreed budgets.
- Experience in working in a marketing role and delivering integrated marketing campaigns.
- Project management experience, alongside digital, email and social media marketing experience.
- A good understanding of brand management.
- The ability to build strong relationships and have excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and can respond well under pressure.
- A relevant degree, qualification or experience in marketing.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Health Insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life Assurance
- Free on-site gym