Head of Global Digital Marketing, Olympic Channel
The Head of Global Digital Marketing will oversee Olympic Channel brand management and marketing.
Overall Olympic Channel Brand Management
- Lead development of Olympic Channel (OC) brand guidelines to establish/maintain brand identity and value.
- Ensure OC defined branding is applied across digital and linear products, content, and all distribution platforms, including producing Olympic Broadcaster brand toolkits; refresh branding, as appropriate.
- Liaise with other OC functions, including Brand-Funded Content Team, Global Sales, Global Distribution, Social Media, Analytics and Insights to help drive overall OC go-to-market strategy.
- Liaise with Knowledge & Insights Manager to implement regular consumer behaviour and preference research of the OC, set appropriate KPIs for CRM and communication plans and initiate projects to gain insights on communication/promotion effectiveness and optimisation.
- Understand key digital trends and impact on the OC business and develop marketing plans accordingly; liaise with OC team to assess impact of trends on other Channel aspects.
Olympic Channel Marketing
- Lead development of effective and efficient digital strategies to build awareness, adoption and drive traffic to the OC, including, but not limited to, CRM/analytics, social media and community building, promotional plans, Olympic Family engagement.
- Lead development of strategic recommendations focused on driving business objectives such as traffic, revenue, social reach, social engagement, includes defining key business objectives and KPIs.
- Lead development and implementation an OC CRM strategy, including partnering with CRM agency to define objectives, key priorities, data collection best practice process, audience segmentation, engagement strategy, key messages, analytics and KPIs.
- Lead analysis and delivery of Olympic Channel analytics/insights to the appropriate teams, in coordination with the OC digital team, in order to inform user experience and content preferences, develop promotional plans and messaging opportunities, drive and support commercial partner involvement.
- Lead the development and implementation of communication and promotion plans and assets, including oversight of the development of all programmes and briefs to develop paid, earned and owned deliverables; responsible for overall agency partner output.
- Lead development of overarching OC global social media strategy, in conjunction with OCS digital team; responsible for overall effectiveness of social KPIs.
- Lead the planning of the Olympic Channel launch plan; including development of overall objectives, KPIs and implementation; responsible for agency output.
- Oversee Digital Marketing’s engagement with sponsors, broadcasters, National Olympic Committees, International Federations, OCOGs regarding identifying shared value and promotion of the Olympic Channel; liaise with OC Commercial Team and OCS Product Team.
- Provide digital marketing expertise to OC Commercial colleagues, including participation in key discussions with platform partners.
- Lead the development and management of all digital marketing budgets to support the OC branding and digital communication activities, across social, CRM and promotional initiatives.
Profile and skills:
- University degree or equivalent in business, marketing, advertising or related field; Higher education qualification or equivalent (master’s/bachelor’s degree, Federal diploma, etc.) a plus.
- Minimum 10 years in a commercial business environment, preferably in a marketing, business development, broadcaster, sponsorship, advertising agency setting.
- Minimum 3 years working with global brands.
- Minimum 3 years experience in brand management in a digital environment / for a digital product, service and/or channel, across multiple platforms, with multiple audience segments; experienced in brand planning and setting and meeting/exceeding objectives and KPIs for such digital product.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a brand that included CRM as a key lever in consumer engagement, activation and the sales process.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a brand that included social media as a key lever in content distribution, discovery, consumption and sharing.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the strategies and tactics for managing a global brand digitally, including content and engagement marketing, CRM and social media.
- Experience working with internal/external team members and agencies in qualitative/quantitative research, digital communications and promotions, user experience, SEO, social media, CRM and media analytics, site-side and web analytics – in order to effectively collaborate to meet overall channel objectives and specifically to inform actionable, insight-led communication and creative content/engagement/branding strategies.
- Understands digital eco-systems and key digital trends in social, search, distribution and content.
- Familiarity with digital publishing model and brand-funded content, a plus.
- Familiarity with digital advertising strategies and best practices, a plus.
- Familiarly with the broadcast business models, a plus.
- Familiarity with the ‘Olympic Family’, a plus.
- English fluency both spoken and written; French and/other language an asset.
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and of corporate tools and compliance with internal usage rules (Livelink, Outlook, etc.).