Sponsorship Account Manager
Who we are:
London Marathon Events Limited (LME) organises some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling, the Vitality London 10,000 and Swim Serpentine.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to the London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the UK. The Trust has awarded in excess of £66.5 million to more than 1,200 projects in London and beyond.
Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun is at the core of everything we do. LME staff live and breathe these values in and outside the work place and so are a natural fit for our business.
Our staff work collaboratively to ensure every event is even better than the last and strive for the best and most memorable experience possible for our employees, participants, sponsors and charities.
About the role:
Due to business growth, we are now recruiting for an additional Sponsorship Account Manager to be part of the Sponsorship team. This role will have direct account responsibility for a number of sponsors across our portfolio of mass participation events.
- Nurture strong relationships as the client’s main point of contact at London Marathon Events for all assigned sponsors.
- Working alongside our existing Sponsorship Account Manager, attending regular account management meetings to ensure all aspects of the contracted rights are discussed and delivered in full (while producing concise and quantifiable action points for both internal and external stakeholders).
- Act as the main point of contact for internal teams, notably; Communications, Branding and Operations to ensure timely delivery of sponsorship rights.
- Develop a strong understanding of client sponsorship objectives and working together with internal teams to propose creative solutions to deliver against sponsor KPIs while ensuring they are in keeping with the aims of each event to add value to the event content.
- Work collaboratively with the client and the various internal teams at London Marathon Events to develop joint marketing and PR strategies.
- Regularly seek approvals of branding and marketing campaigns with both internal stakeholders (such as the LME Event Director) and with your main contact at the sponsor.
- Closely monitor, update and evolve internal processes and documents such as the ‘Sponsorship Rights Matrix’ and ‘Key Dates Report’ to ensure a central source of sponsorship rights and a clear critical path are constantly accurate.
- Work across departments to produce a concise sponsors’ handbook to provide partners with an overview of processes and answers for frequently asked questions.
- Ensure post event relationships with sponsors are as pro-active as pre-event, working with the Head of Sponsorship to commission advanced sponsorship evaluations, produce industry leading sponsorship reports and organise occasional sponsor events.
You should be someone who enjoys a rewarding challenge and someone who is prepared to go that extra mile whilst helping LME to deliver world class mass participation events.
In addition, we are looking for someone who possesses these qualities:
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organize
- Team player
- Multi-tasker who is used to working at a fast pace
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to present decisions to senior management
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A minimum of three years account management experience at either a marketing or events orientated agency or with a leading rights holder
- Ability to form sound relationships with clients and build trust/rapport
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to influence
- Ability to anticipate client needs, respond appropriately to all client’s queries and from time-to-time push back or seek alternative solutions
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage a diverse and complex workload and to work under pressure
- Strong planning and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings at clients’ offices
- High degree of computer literacy with ability to use Microsoft and PowerPoint, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- A good general knowledge of event marketing and ROI measurements
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business, including event weekends
- And if you have an interest in sport, particularly running or swimming, it would be advantageous.
The closing date is 30th November 2017.