England Women’s Senior Head Coach
|Location||Burton upon Trent, UK|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
The Football Association
England Women’s Senior Head Coach
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cup in 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
As England Women’s Senior Head Coach you will lead and continue to build a successful winning team which respects and lives the philosophy and values of The FA.
Taking responsibility to create and optimise a winning high performance culture for the players and wider team at St George’s Park, ensuring there is one pathway to success from the national development teams to the elite squad.
- Coach the Women’s senior team to play in a style that ensures we are prepared to win tournaments at the highest level and are a team that plays to its potential.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary management team to ensure the players, are physically, mentally, technically and tactically prepared to deliver their optimum performance in every game.
- Create a team culture for the senior team where every player knows what is expected of them, maximising the opportunities on and off the field to build confidence, cohesion and positive spirit and energy.
- Select the squad and the captain using robust data and judgement to make the best possible decisions that deliver successful outcomes.
- Create development plans for individual players, based on their different needs to ensure we achieve maximum potential in a time constrained calendar, ensuring a strong connection with the clubs.
- Attend appropriate fixtures across the country for scouting purposes and to develop strong working relationships with club managers/coaches.
- Work closely with the Technical Director to develop a joint International Plan in conjunction with the WSL Clubs.
You will be an outstanding football coach with a track record of consistent and successful management and development of elite players and coaches to high performance levels. You will have demonstrable understanding of International and Club Football and a sound understanding and knowledge of talent identification.
With minimum qualification of the A Licence, you will have the ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential, alongside being a great ambassador for the FA and the wider game of football
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch and apply by following the link below.
Successful candidates would need to be willing to undertake background screening as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will be managed by Elite Performance Partners. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline for applications is midnight on Tuesday 17th October 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.