The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
Main tasks and activities:
- Bridge the gap between nutrition theory and applied nutritional practice to match the performance goals of training and competition.
- Assess dietary practices, design and implement nutrition programs for recovery from exercise, weight management, return from injury, hydration, health/immunity, disordered eating, travel and supplementation.
- Evaluate nutritional supplements for legality, safety, quality, efficacy and prescribe appropriate supplementation programs.
- Develop and deliver impactful education modules and workshops to transform existing nutritional habits for targeted athletes.
- Collaborate with coaches, sports science and medicine support staff to provide integrated performance solutions.
- Keep up to date electronic records of athlete assessments and programs on the ISN athlete data management platform. Provide regular reports to stakeholders.
- Analyse, critique and apply literature to enhance athlete servicing and research capabilities. Lead and contribute to any applied research where applicable.
- Continually develop the ISN Nutrition Centre via mentoring of staff, lectures and workshops.
Minimum requirements and experience:
- PhD or Masters Degree in Sports Nutrition or related area
- Experience in working as a Sports Nutritionist in elite sport programs.
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sports Science.
Traits and personality:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Resilience to demanding environments