The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
Main tasks and activities:
- To supervise, outline and provide quality medical, health and injury management services to high performance athletes
- To lead regular medical, meetings with high performance team members with regard to injury prevention, injury management and athlete return to play
- To advise athletes and coaches on the uses and possible consequences of medication and ergogenic aids
- Participate in continuing education activities to improve and maintain knowledge and skills amongst peers and subordinates
- Advise athletes, coaches and staff to modify or cease training and competition practices that are potentially harmful
- Complete health and injury screening examinations to minimise risk of sports injury
Minimum requirement and experience:
- Basic Medical Degree (MBBS, MD or equivalent) with specialization in Sports Medicine training (Master, Fellowship, PhD or equivalent)
- More than 3 years’ experience as a Sports Physician, working with athletes is an advantage
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sport Medicine and General Medicine and of relevant disciplines of sports sciences (such as biomechanics, conditioning and dietetic nutrition)
Traits and personality:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of a team
- Leadership by example