Sports Data Management Analyst
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
Main tasks and activities:
- The PODIUM Programme will use an athlete data management system to maintain and track key performance information on each athlete.
- The position will involve working closely with coaches, sports scientists, sports medicine unit and administrators to develop and monitor processes, operations and performance.
- This role will involve a unique combination of project management, design, customization, and end-user training in a wide range of data areas. The candidate will work with some of the leading professionals in sport, and high service quality is vital to the on-going success of the project.
System design & maintenance:
- Design and develop the data management system to reflect needs of coaches, sports scientists, medical staff and administrators in maintaining accurate records and monitoring performance of athletes.
- Maintain the athlete database management system and ensure compliance with licence and contractual agreements.
- Deliver regular end user workshops to staff members and key stakeholders on system upgrades, demonstrations and further education opportunities
- Ensure processes and systems are in place and are complied with to gather and maintain up-to-date accurate data from key stakeholders
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of specific projects to improve the management of data
Analysis and feedback:
- Provide regular feedback and reports on athlete performance to ISN senior management.
- Provide, design and maintain a structured reporting framework that corresponds with multi-level Service Team delivery and Performance based outcomes of programs, athletes and services
- Assist in providing solutions to identified issues and problems that might be preventing optimal performance of data management systems at ISN
Support for strategic planning:
- Assist in the process of strategic thinking and implementation of performance objectives measured by data collection through the athlete management system
Job specific technical skills:
- Previous experience with athlete management software
- Periodised training and competition database management
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience with one or more technologies in one or more areas of Applied:
- Exercise physiology
- Strength & conditioning
- Biomechanics (e.g. force plate analysis, EMG)
- Experience in exercise prescription for athlete training or rehabilitation
Minimum Requirement and experience:
- PhD or Masters Degree in Sports Science
- 5 + years experience in working with high performance sport
Traits and Personality:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of an integrated service team
- Resilience in demanding environments