Regional PE & Coaching in Education Coordinator
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Education, PE Teacher|
Regional PE & Coaching in Education Coordinator Ref: RECEC-17 Role location: Home Based (North East London & Essex) Type of contract: Full Time
Regional PE & Coaching in Education Coordinator
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the Professional Game, The FA Cup and the England International Teams. It is a multi-faceted group organisation including Wembley Stadium and the St Georges Park National Football Centre.
Following the investment of £150m pa into Primary Schools ring fenced for the provision of high quality PE & Sport (pledged until 2020), The Football Association established a PE & Coaching in Education Unit in August 2013 to support those delivering association football in an Educational setting. Currently a team of 20 members of staff support key stakeholders in the game and have strong links with The Premier League, The English Football League & The National Football League supporting the development of coaches who work within an Educational setting.
The FA committed to expand the Unit in September 2017 to continue & increase this support to County FA’s, Universities, Further Education & other partners linked to The FA’s strategic goals.
This Unit sits within the Grassroots Delivery Team which is part of the Technical Division within The FA and is aligned to The FA’s Coaching Strategy. The Unit focusses on five key areas of work:
1. Development of resources and courses for:
- Teachers – across all key stages
- Those within Initial Teacher Education (ITE)
- Coaches delivering within curriculum time
- Coaches delivering in extra-curriculum time
2. Support to key stakeholders for the development of staff to deliver in schools - delivery of agreed training programmes, courses and professional learning.
3. Development and delivery of a programme to provide low cost professional learning for existing teachers and free training for those in Initial Teacher Education.
4. Providing advice across the game and for schools in terms of coaching linked into the Department for Education (DfE) and Teacher Training Agency.
5. In association with AfPE developing and maintaining a Quality Assurance model in line with The FA’s AfPE’s accreditation.
The role will work regionally reporting into the Regional PE & Coaching in Education Manager (South), and the main responsibilities will be the following:
- To support the development of coaches who work in schools, predominantly at Key Stages 1 & 2, but also Key Stages 3 & 4 – this will include Premier, Football League and National League Clubs
- To provide support to The Premier League Primary Stars Programme - Supporting the capability and development of the club’s staff
- development of resources for their programmes.
- To provide support to County FA’s creating local communities of practice within the Education sector
- To provide professional learning to those completing Initial Teacher Education
- To provide professional learning to teachers within designated clusters
- To deliver the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning of School Sport
- To communicate and support the roll out of The England DNA – an initial focus will be around the Foundation phase, but this will quickly expand to the Youth Development phase.
- To offer mentoring and support to coaches working in schools
- To contribute to the design, review and roll out of the new FA Teacher courses and deliver these courses to existing teachers and those undertaking ITE
- Teaching qualification (Level 5 and above).
- FA Licensed Coach – Level 2 minimum.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the PE National Curriculum across all Key Stages.
- Experience of developing teachers and coaches in an Educational setting.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the England DNA.
The role is a full time permanent position and will be home based, however successful candidates will reside within the Region. A competitive salary, attractive benefits and a job need car are on offer for the right candidates. The successful candidate will undergo a screening process that will include an Enhanced Criminal Records Check.
To apply please follow the prompts below.
The closing date for applications is midnight, 17th October 2017 and interviews will be held at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday 25th October 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.