Consumer Marketing Manager - BSI Speedway
The FIM Speedway World Championships form part of the motorsports department of IMG Events. The championships are a worldwide motorbike racing series, with currently 12 Grand Prix and 4 World Cup events across Europe and Australia. The bikes are unique – 500cc, with no brakes and just a single gear, with the world’s best riders racing on oval shale tracks. The racing is unique and unlike anything else in motorcycling and so are the fans. The events range from purpose built speedway stadiums to world class venues such as Principality stadium in Cardiff and the National Stadium in Warsaw.
Reporting to the Consumer Marketing Director, the Consumer Marketing Manager will support the Director in all marketing plans and activities for the FIM Speedway World Championships.
They will work across elements of the marketing mix, with a particular focus on digital content marketing and driving ticket sales around certain events. The role will involve briefing and collating all marketing collateral, working closely with designers and copy writing for email marketing, digital assets and social media posts. Tracking results will be a key part of the role, along with new ideas for promoting the series and the events to drive further ticket sales. Social media and its role in the marketing mix is also a significant element, with social media strategy forming a key part of this role. Also involved will be working with partners and stakeholders in order to maximise marketing activity.
- Planning and undertaking marketing campaigns in conjunction with the Consumer Marketing Director
- Working across all elements in the marketing mix to promote the championship series and in particular promoted events within the FIM Speedway Grand Prix and World Cup series’, such as digital, email, social media, content, print and PR
- Briefing and collating all marketing materials
- Copy writing for emails, digital assets and social media materials
- Generating new ideas for promotion of events in key markets
- Working with partners such as ticketing agencies, venues and PR agencies on campaigns and exposure
- Working with international stadiums and promoters on best marketing practice
- Management of results tracking
- Content marketing and social media – working on plans and strategy in conjunction with the Consumer Marketing Director for the series and promoted events
The ideal candidate will have experience of marketing events, with sports events a bonus. They will have experience of digital marketing and producing effective content campaigns in order to raise awareness and increase ticket sales. Experience of working across all elements of the marketing mix would be required. Experience of tracking results and working with Google Analytics would also be desirable. The ideal candidate will bring new ideas on how to drive growth of the sport and in particular interest in attending speedway events.