Programme Manager - CWC
We have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right person to join the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 team as a Programme Manager to provide proactive support to ensure the successful delivery of the tournament. Working within the robust programme management framework facilitate joined up cross functional working and delivering extensive tournament reporting.
- Work within the agreed framework and use the CWC19 programme management methodologies and documentation.
- Manage, support and promote the use of the CWC19 programme management and reporting tool.
- Implement and manage regular progress meetings with functional areas and internal stakeholders (e.g. ECB & ICC) to track the critical path and activities to ensure milestones are completed within a timely matter.
- Identify and communicate dependencies between functional areas and stakeholders. Understand internal and external factors that will impact planning and delivery of these dependencies.
- Work with functional areas and the Head of Programme Management to identify and communicate the tournament risks & issues. Manage the risk register using both qualitative and quantitative risk analysis and ensure adequate controls are put in place to mitigate risks and develop into mitigation action plans and contingency plans.
- Work within a set governance process and provide regular tournament reporting to track progress and status against agreed KPIs to a range of stakeholders, including the ICC and ECB
- Provide support to the operational readiness programme to ensure multiple internal and external stakeholders and functional areas are prepared for tournament time
- Provide support to the development, planning and delivery of tournament time reporting across multiple stakeholders and functional areas to ensure tournament updates, risks & issues are communicated in a timely and user friendly manner
- Implement and coordinate the tournament review. Collate post-event information, data and content to produce reports for key stakeholders
- Implement and coordinate the transfer of knowledge programme across functional areas and the next Local Organising Committee
- Set the new benchmark for programme management across the ICC and ECB as part of the legacy programme
Expertise and skills
This role requires an individual who has proven leadership experience within a major event. The successful candidate will need to display significant planning, organisational, and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrable experience in sports operations and programme management
- Experience in managing large-scale and complex programmes
- Demonstrable knowledge and implementation of programme management methodologies
- Strong stakeholder management background, with experience in facilitating meetings
- Ability to network effectively, influence people and establish internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Excellent report writing skills and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a solution-based approach when the programme is off track and creating significant impact to the budget, resource and timings
- Ability to work effectively under tournament pressure