Head of Ticketing - CWC19
We have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right person to join the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 team as Head of Ticketing. The purpose of this role is to lead the development and delivery of the CWC19 communications campaign to deliver the greatest ever cricket event.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and to inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporing key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
- Collaborating with Head of Marketing, Head of Communications and Director of Marcomms and key stakeholders to develop a holistic plan to achieve the agreed overall business objectives, in partnership with the ICC.
- Collaborating across key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Ticketing plan is fully understood and integrated e.g. venues, ECB, ICC
- Responsible for match day liaison with venue ticketing teams and revenue collection for locally sold tickets
- Building a fully integrated plan with the selected Ticketing partner agency and ensuring delivery of the agreed target milestones, events and sales
- Collaboration with Communications to deliver a content plan across platforms to drive fan engagement and sales (e mail, website, social media, publications)
- Leading the development and day to day management of the Ticketing team, leading people management and day to day delivery of agreed tasks to deliver the Ticketing strategy and achieve agreed objectives
- Collaboration with venues and key commercial partners in conjunction with the ICC to maximise ticket sales and take up of allocations
- Ensure Liaise with the Legal team to develop effective T&Cs which will be enforced throughout the process
- Liaise with the Financial team to ensure precise financial reconciliation of all ticket sales at any time
- Maximize the revenue by ensuring an updated ticketing inventory at any time
- Liaise with access control providers to establish live interfaces to access control systems in all venues
- Ensuring all activities are based on insight, targeted at key fan groups, grounded in data and tracked with clear KPIs. This includes day to day liaison with the data insight partner
- To act as a brand ambassador for CWC 2019, championing the event and driving collaboration and engagement both inside and outside the organisation
- Budget management for the Ticketing team plans, venue revenue management and close collaboration with the tournament finance team
Expertise and skills
This role requires someone who can demonstrate good customer management skills and be able to direct and manage a team in a busy working environment. The successful candidate will use a wide range of techniques and concepts, think creatively, and devise new ways of communicating with a diverse local and global audience.
- Extensive experience working within the ticketing industry
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Demonstrable organisational skills
- Clear and effective decision making
- Ability to work within high pressure situations