Head of Security
Key Purpose of Role:
- To design and deliver the security operation for Lord’s Cricket Ground.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Overall responsibility for the security management of Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- Design and delivery of the daily security operation on all match days and non-match days.
- Reviewing and updating all relevant security documentation and plans, including documents formulated in collaboration with the Metropolitan Police Service, National Counter-Terrorism Security Office and the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure.
- Regular review and, where applicable, updating of emergency response plans.
- Designing and, where applicable, delivering training programmes for staff at all levels.
- Line management of MCC’s permanent security staff.
- Management of the MCC accreditation system with delegation responsibilities.
- Direct management of the usage of the CCTV system within Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- Implementing plans for bespoke events, including the planning of VIP visits.
- Main MCC liaison with the Metropolitan Police Service.
- Advisory role on MCC redevelopment projects.
- Review and, where applicable, rewrite of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Representing the MCC at the Safety Advisory Group and otherwise liaising with the emergency services, the England & Wales Cricket Board, the Sports Ground Safety Authority. and other external stakeholders such as the Community Security Zone.
- Management of the security budget.
This job profile is not an exhaustive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties and may be amended as the job evolves in light of the business need and/or at the discretion of management
Variations to Role on Major Match Days:
- Assistance with any aspect of the Ground’s match day safety and security operation as directed by the Safety Officer.
Health & Safety:
- At all times to be responsible for the safety of yourself and others through adherence to Club (and legal) safety regulations and procedures.
- To be familiar with the Ground fire and evacuation procedures and to operate in any necessary or appropriate capacity as Fire Warden.
Values and Behaviours:
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
Required skills, qualifications & experience
- Outstanding leadership and management skills with a proven ability to lead from the front.
- Leadership experience in the sports and/or event sectors.
- Experience of strategic and/or operational planning.
- Experience of training and developing a team to maximise its potential.
- Excellent face to face customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using basic IT software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Common sense and personal resilience
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Spectator Safety Management (or working towards this qualification)
The job holder will be encouraged and supported to undertake appropriate training opportunities.