PR Account Director - Sports, Entertainment & Culture
Do you live and breathe sports and have a deep understanding of the Middle East region?
We are seeking for senior and experienced sports communication professional to join our rapidly growing Sports + Entertainment team. Based in Dubai the role entails regular travel with on-ground support to service a growing list of major sporting and government clients Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
You will need to know how to operate in the public sector and navigate the political and cultural landscape as the Kingdom undergoes a sporting revolution. H+K are playing a critical role in helping Saudi Arabia build a sustainable national sports-based economy.
In line with Vision 2030, the Kingdom has developed a far-reaching and long-term strategy to expand and enhance the level of competition of all sports. The successful candidate will need to lead a locally based Saudi team with a strategic mindset and positive attitude; be a fast learner with the aptitude to hit the ground running; and have a genuine passion for working in this sector.
Being a team play and self-starter is a must. We require someone who work alone and will take initiative and responsibility for their work, become a trusted advisor to clients and drive opportunities to engage stakeholders, the public and the media across all possible communication channels.
As a team we are committed to bringing in new talent, with different skills and backgrounds. We have developed highly trusted, long standing relationships with many of the world’s best brands and are open to looking outside typical agency experience. Knowledge of the region, culture and working practices is likely to be as important.
Existing clients include adidas – Middle East & North Africa, Reebok, HSBC Rugby 7’s, HSBC Abu Dhabi Golf Championships, FLASH Entertainment – Yasalam, General Sports Authority – KSA, Oman Sail – Sailing Arabia The Tour and Dubai International Film Festival.
Based in Dubai, weekly regional travel will be required especially to Riyadh and Jeddah.
- Under minimal guidance, responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of a team with an emphasis on retaining and expanding current client business. Responsible for overseeing all client budgets (creating, expanding, forecasting etc) and ensuring that revenue and account profitability and staff utilization for each client is reached on a monthly basis. Provides strategic counsel to senior client contacts. Responsible for the supervision of all subordinates. Aids senior management with staff selection and development of junior staff. Assists Line Managers in new business efforts. Has an established specialty or practice niche and strong, senior contacts with the media.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Manages multiple account teams effectively, including daily supervision of subordinates
- Knows the resources within the office and directs staff to appropriate resources to solve problems
- Effective communicator and role model
- Works with Line Manager to address personnel issues related to team
- Assists subordinates in defining a career path
- Manages team’s utilization targets
- Has proven leadership skills and sales ability
Works with manager to identify top talent
- Supervises several accounts including client needs, staffing, strategy and budget
- Responsible for building and maintaining client relationship
- Is proactive with clients to address any issues of dissatisfaction
- Manages and reviews key client deliverables
- Assumes creative and strategic direction and oversight for all account assignments
- Has regular client contact
- Maintains a relationship with key client contact and client senior management
- Delegates client assignments, supervises others and works with other offices
- Manages and reviews key client deliverables
Holds relationships with senior people within client organisations
- Has established network of senior industry contacts
- Sells value-added services to current clients
- Actively pursues new business opportunities
- Leads teams through RFP process
- Converts opportunities by building strategic relationships with clients or potential clients
- Serves as primary point of contact in preparing client agreements as appropriate
- Develops business plans for the office and agency
- Manages annual client billings
- Aligns client expectations with budget
- Accurately projects revenues on a monthly, quarterly and annual
- Delivers revenue and account profitability on a monthly basis
- Participates in a minimum of two networking opportunities a month
- Promotes the firm by participating in industry events, awards, articles etc.
- University degree
- 8 – 12 years’ experience