Head of Commercial Partnerships
To create and execute a strategy to maximise the value of commercial partnerships – primarily sponsorship and advertising – for Northampton Saints and, in doing so, create a step change in revenues from this income stream.
- Oversee all activities as they relate to commercial partnerships at Northampton Saints
- Develop a long term strategy to maximise the value of the available commercial rights and benefits at the club
- Identify and prioritise target categories and brands to proactively build a pipeline of potential commercial partners
- Develop best in class sales materials to support the club’s go to market activities
- Lead negotiation efforts to secure attractive deals which create value for the club and for partners
- Ensure high quality partner servicing for existing and new partners, to support the creation of long term relationships
- Develop and manage commercial partnership department budgets and set key KPIs and targets as appropriate
- Compile and analyse sales figures
- Evaluate and analyze commercial partnerships, constantly seeking ways to grow the value of such relationships
- Oversee and manage the activities of the Commercial Partnerships Manager, offering leadership, guidance, support and feedback on an ongoing basis
- Work effectively with the marketing and communications and operations team, as well as the players and playing staff, to support the commercial agenda
- Keep up to date with market research and insight
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested in the context of the role or as directed by the Executive team.
In short, this role would suit a proven sponsorship / commercial partnerships leader, looking to take their career to the next level.
- Candidates must have a love of sport and an understanding of Rugby and its environment.
- Previous experience in a leadership role at a high performance sports club and/or rights holder would be advantageous but is not a necessity
- Graduate, with strong academic track record
- Experience in a sports sponsorship sales role, with a track record of directly delivering high value deals
- Experience in working to and achieving targets
- Experience of working with a variety of partners, agencies and suppliers
- Evidence of sound commercial judgment and decision making capability
- Proven success at delivering against strategic objectives and driving revenue growth
- Experienced in effective negotiation with sponsors other commercial entities, and in developing and maintaining strong relationships with strategic business partners and key stakeholders
- Highly motivated with proven sales ability and mindset
- Target driven
- Extensive network of potential sponsors and commercial partners
- Strong team player, but highly proactive and able to work autonomously
- Clear strategic thinking and planning, but hands on in approach. Unafriad to ‘do’ as well as delegate
- Flexible, adaptable, able to think creatively as plans evolve and events unfold
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong cultural sensitivity and first class customer engagement skills
- Strong influencing skills; persuasive, able to win support and engagement of others
- Excellent communicator with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, and able to present a highly professional image when representing Northampton Saints. Comfortable communicating with and presenting to senior level executives across a range of industries
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends, including match days
APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMINGS:
- Northampton Saints is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
- Please include in your application a CV, covering letter (including details of current remuneration, if relevant), and the names and contact details of two referees. Referees will not be contacted until final interview stage.
- Applications must be received by 5pm on 5th October 2017. Interviews will take place at Franklin’s Gardens shortly thereafter.