Assistant Gymnastics Coach
|Location||Shatin, Hong Kong|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Education|
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
ASSISTANT GYMNASTICS COACH
(Annual remuneration package ranges from HK$306,095 to HK$609,682)
Reporting to the Head Gymnastics Coach, the Assistant Gymnastics Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To provide training for elite athletes and junior squads;
- To assist with the administration and coordination of logistics, accounting, coaching and team resources related to the training of Gymnastics squads, local and overseas;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To contribute to the coach education and development programmes for more and better local coaches; and
- To provide technical information to in-house and general media publications as requested.
- University degree or post-secondary Certificate/ Diploma, or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 2 Certificate;
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional coaching experience in Gymnastics;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Emphasis on team work and fairness;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27 September 2017. Please quote reference no. GS-20170914-AGC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.