Experienced Veterinary Surgeon
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
Experienced Veterinary Surgeon, Conghua Training Centre
The Hong Kong Jockey Club is building a dedicated Thoroughbred training centre at Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China, which will open in July 2018. The centre will be equipped with state-of-the-art racehorse training facilities and will accommodate 1,400 horses when full. Horses will shuttle down to Hong Kong to race and racing carnivals will be showcased in Conghua on at least a bi-annual basis.
The Conghua Training Centre (CTC) will include a world-class equine hospital that will be staffed by a team of four veterinarians and three veterinary technicians and will supported by a dedicated pharmacy, clinical laboratory and administrative unit. The CTC veterinary team will be part of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Services and veterinarians based in Hong Kong will spend time at CTC and vice versa.
We are looking for an equine clinician with experience in Thoroughbred racehorse practice to provide high quality clinical care of horses at the CTC and help to establish this new facility.
You will report to the Senior Vet at the Conghua Training Centre.
- Assist in providing routine and emergency cover for all Thoroughbred racehorses in training at the CTC
- Help the Senior Vet with general management duties as directed
- Contribute to the overall operation of the Department
- Be encouraged to develop skills in a particular area of clinical expertise that compliments the team
You should have:
- A degree recognized by the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong
- At least 5 years’ experience with good understanding of Thoroughbred racehorse practice
- Passion for teamwork and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Enthusiasm for clinical practice and for developing staff
- A post-graduate qualification in a related clinical discipline is an advantage.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A three year contract of employment will be offered to the successful candidate. You will be based at the Conghua Training Centre although you will undergo a period of familiarization in Hong Kong at the start and you may be required to spend short intervals in Hong Kong throughout your contract.
Closing date for applications is 30th October 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to the Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com, or fax to (852) 2966-6984.
You are welcome to contact Dr. Christopher Riggs for further information about the position (email: Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone: +852 2966 6891).
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.