BACKGROUND | ABOUT THE CLIPPER RACE
This is a race without equal; one of the biggest challenges of the natural world and an endurance test like no other. The Clipper Race is a powerful blend of fiercely intense competition and stirring human endeavour. We aren’t afraid to compete and push boundaries - the world’s longest yacht race enables individuals to pit their wits, skills and courage against the world’s toughest oceans, with no previous sailing experience required.
This momentous biennial event is born from crew with a thirst for a life changing adventure, believing that anything is possible as they navigate the Doldrums en route to South America, endure epic Southern Ocean storms, experience South African sunsets, face the mountainous seas of the North Pacific - and create lifelong memories before returning as heroes.
The race is everything; it’s exciting, uncomfortable, exhilarating and at times frustrating. Since 1996 the Clipper Race has developed almost 5,000 people into competent ocean racers and built a reputation for showcasing brands and building international trade links between partners and host destinations.
The Clipper Race is looking for an astute and ambitious individual to join a growing and dynamic team as ‘Partnerships Coordinator’. You will provide cross team administrative support and take ownership of the day to day management of a number of Tier 3 and 4 partnership accounts. The role would suit somebody who is in the early stages of their career looking for an opportunity to learn in a global sports environment and has the enthusiasm and drive to leverage this position to its potential.
It will be primarily UK based from the Gosport office but may include overseas travel to the Clipper Race stopovers. The role will report in to the Head of Partnerships.
- Be accountable for the running and management of a range of Tier 3 and 4 partnership accounts on a day-to-day basis
- Effectively manage the delivery of the partner’s contract and rights and benefits
- Deliver excellent client service to the Clipper Race partners.
- Identification of branding and advertising opportunities for clients
- Responsible for account planning, development, management, on site activation, administration and evaluation, to include delivery of the partners contractual rights and benefits.
- Ensure full and high standard client servicing on every aspect of the account
- Lead the development of creative ideas, working with other departments and the client to question campaign objectives and deliver insightful, creative solutions for each partner.
- Liaise with key departments in the planning and execution of the partnership programme including Communications, Race Office, Brand/Marketing and Accounts.
- Sourcing and management of third party suppliers.
- Development of activations across B2B, B2C, G2G, B2G objectives.
Partnerships Team support
- Supporting Partnership Managers on day to day administrative activity
- Report writing: Writing and sending comprehensive and informative newsletters/ reports after each race stopover highlighting business activation during the stopover and detailing forthcoming announcements etc to all key contacts through an in-house HTML marketing system
- Co-ordinating events: researching venues, sourcing quotes, on the night coordinator, table plans etc
- Managing/assisting in the running of events, event’s range from sailing days, business networking events and dinners
- Assisting partners: with day to day tasks as required such as finding venues/hotels/services in the various stopovers
- Preparing and updating case studies on different industry sectors to ensure we have a good selection to cover all markets
- Liaising with the communications team to make sure we have the latest media figures and any significant features that can be used in sales presentations etc
- To update and maintain an accurate partnership contact database
- To support the Partnership Managers with any additional duties that may be required across the department.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial/client facing environment required (1-year minimum)
- Practical sponsorship/partnerships account management/activation experience
- Experience of working with event organisers
- Project management experience is advantageous with clear evidence
- Delivery within structured timescales.
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly.
- You can think on your feet and use initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change.
- You have a can-do, positive, friendly attitude, hungry to achieve in an organisation where every day is different.
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You pay attention to the detail, you stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You thrive on working on multiple projects at any one time.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You are a real team player.
- You currently live, or are willing to relocate to, within a commutable distance to our Gosport, Hampshire HQ.
You will also need to have:
- A degree qualification or equivalent.
- A high-level PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook skills and a confidence to present internally and externally
- Valid driving licence
- Valid unrestricted passport
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities in employment and sport
- An understanding of individual responsibility in complying with the Health and Safety policies and arrangements.
SALARY: £22,000 - £24,000 dependent on experience
- Please send a covering letter and CV using the apply button,
- In your covering letter, please:
- a. Describe some event or project management experience
- b. Demonstrate where you have had to multi-task
- c. Show how your personality fits the Clipper Race brand
- In your covering letter, please:
- Must be available for interview W/C 09 October at our Gosport, Hampshire HQ