International Project Manager for Sports Events
We are strengthening our International Sports Marketing Team! Therefore, we are looking for a motivated International Project Manager (m/f) for Sports Events. In this role, you will contribute in making Red Bull the most inspirational and innovative brand in the field of Events around the world. You will play a key role in the events team by managing multiple international driven projects at the same time.
The focus of this international role is clearly set on managing projects – project realization & execution is up to our local project leaders. You will support the International Head of Events to set strategic event directions and are responsible to further develop and increase the quality and efficiency of defined projects and series in the area of sports by driving concept and execution innovation. The position also includes having an eye on new developments in sports, which should result in creating new concepts and finding new opportunities in the world of events.
In 1987, Red Bull not only launched a completely new product, it created and has led ever since a whole new product category, Energy Drinks. Nowadays Red Bull employs more than 11500 people in over 171 countries, selling over 6 billion cans a year. The World of Red Bull provides the forum for you to use your talent and passion, to develop yourself and make an impact. Find out why we're different.
Areas that play to your strengths (all the responsibilities we'll trust you with):
- Supervise and steer Red Bull´s existing event projects assets to significantly boost outcome, to rise efficiency and to use synergies
- Create structures and processes, select/coach and challenge all project leaders, implement a common understanding of priorities and targets within Red Bull and external partners (freelancers, suppliers, etc.)
- Constantly adapt strategies and concepts for a strong “future fitness” and a high level of efficiency – create the right business models for the projects
- Manage carefully single project budgets
- Acquire sponsorships for selected sports projects
- Contribute to a successful Business Planning process including Business Plan input and country feedbacks
- Run selected projects of the Red Bull World Series and of Red Bull´s Global Participatory Platforms and position them as state of the art in the respective scenes
Country support & event portfolio management
Act as a sparring partner for colleagues in the countries and other departments and support in strategic and daily affairs
- Coordination with countries and communication departments
- Share information with and create guidelines for the countries and other departments in regards to international driven projects
- Work closely with other departments to make more out of our assets
- Use your network to find opportunities for Red Bull in the wide world of Sports and Events
Your experience includes: (proven performance in)
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a project manager role in the sports industry, sport event or marketing agencies, sport institutions or federations
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects at the same time (up to 25 projects), leading projects of all scales and managing arising challenges
- International experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Creativity, well-organized, entrepreneurial, stress-resistant, communicative, open minded, Team player
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Red Bull. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.