Senior Manager - Education and Pathways, Gymnastics Australia
- Strategic leadership position
- National Sport Organisation - Olympic sport
- Diverse role encompassing education and workforce development, high performance and pathways for athletes, coaches and judges!
Gymnastics Australia (GA) is the peak body for all Gymsports in Australia - incorporating eight gymsports being the Olympic disciplines of Women’s and Men’s Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline Gymnastics, as well as Aerobic Gymnastics, Acrobatic Gymnastics, Gymnastics for All and Cheerleading.
GA has more than 199,000 registered athlete members, with over 600,000 Australians engaging in the sport every year. Gymnastics programs are delivered in more than 550 clubs across Australia, with over 6,229 coaches and 2,300 judges.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Manager - Education and Pathways plays a lead and pivotal role in the management of GA’s coach and judge education and training; sport development and athlete pathways; and high performance for rhythmic, aerobic and acrobatic gymnastics.
More specifically, the role will:
- Build the workforce capabilities for Gymnastics in Australia through effective delivery of coach and judge leadership, education and accreditation opportunities and embracing new technologies that support the national, state, club and workforce needs
- Oversee the athlete and coach pathways, leading the development of programs to achieve sustained success across all Gymsports, including:
- a program to develop targeted Australian coaches capable of producing podium level athletes
- pathway programs with sufficient quality and depth of athletes and coaches to sustain senior podium level success
- Drive and oversee targeted HP coach development
- Set the strategic direction for sustained international success for Rhythmic Gymnastics (RG), Aerobic Gymnastics (AER) and Acrobatic Gymnastics (ACR)
As a member of the Senior Management team, this role will manage the Education and Pathways team of ten staff, therefore the role will require a strong communicator and leader with exceptional well-developed interpersonal skills and a thorough understanding of managing complex relationships with a diverse stakeholder group.
Experience and knowledge of the Australian education/training sector and sport industry, with an empathy with the culture of a volunteer based workforce is required. Candidates will ideally hold suitable tertiary qualifications in education, coach education, sport management /science or come from a broad background in program/project management, preferably from within a sporting or similar not for profit organisation. Demonstrated success in delivering strategic and operational plans is essential, along with the ability to lead change, develop others and determine effective solutions that will continue to drive the current growth and excellence of gymnastics as a sport.
Experience with the Australian high performance system and state/club level sport environments is highly desirable, as is an understanding of the complexities of multiple-discipline sports.
If you are looking for a diverse leadership role with one of Australia’s most popular Olympic sports then this could be the role for you!