Academy Programs Coordinator - Intern
The Academy Programs Coordinator - Intern will be responsible for coordination between the Academy coaching staff for various sports as well as ensuring the quality and effective delivery of the sports programs of the Academy programs. She/he will work with the Academy coaching staff to develop strategic targets, and strengthen implementation models, monitoring and review mechanisms. She/he will also be responsible for overseeing the holistic well-being of the Academy athletes, continuing professional development of coaches and the events organised by/in the Academies.
Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation (Programs, Coaches, Athletes)
- Conceptualise and re-engineer implementation models for effective delivery of programs running at Anantapur Sports Village (ASV).
- Assist coaches and volunteers of ASV in developing yearly targets and goals, keeping in mind the ASA’s vision and mission.
- Assist ASA’s Director in development of new strategic initiatives in program delivery and expansion.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the ongoing ASV programs:
- Put in place a structured Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Periodically collect information in a systematic and regular manner.
- Assess effectiveness of the programs being delivered.
- Evaluate ASV programs and amend initiatives to ensure organization goals are being pursued and achieved.
- Identify and facilitate workshops, training and certification programs to support the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of ASV coaches and volunteers to enhance their competencies.
- Assist Grassroots and Youth Development Coordinator in identifying and planning CPD workshops for Grassroots and Development coaches.
- Conceptualize, plan and organize sport festivals to engage ASV athletes and coaches.
- Assist respective ASV sport coaches with regards to organizing district/state/national/open competitions that are held at ASV.
Qualifications & Training
- Professional Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Sports related field
Knowledge & Skills
- Sports & Coaching Industry
- Strong Planning, Organisational & Communication skills
- Taking Self-Initiative
- Communication - English
- Excellent team work skills
- Comfortable with working in a rural setting and with a focus on grassroots sports development
How to Apply:
Submit a copy of your resume alongside a covering letter which clearly outlines how your skills and experiences match the requirements set out above to email@example.com
About Anantapur Sports Academy:
Anantapur Sports Academy (ASA) was started in 2000 by Rural Development Trust (RDT), a non-governmental organization (NGO), based out of Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. RDT believes that youth participation in sports is very much necessary for the growth, self-esteem and confidence of rural children and through ASA, it has been undertaking suitable initiatives to promote and establish a sporting culture among the rural youth and support the ambitious talent to succeed at higher levels.
During 2015/16, through ASA program, nearly 10,000 children participated in eight sports namely Cricket, Hockey, Football, Judo, Tennis, Softball, Archery and Special Olympics spread across the district of Anantapur.
Learn more on www.anantapursportsacademy.in
About Rural Development Trust (RDT):
RDT is an NGO founded by Vincent Ferrer and Anne Ferrer in 1969 in Ananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh. RDT has been undertaking various need-based welfare and integrated programs of development to improve quality of life of rural poor, especially marginalized and underprivileged sections in Telugu speaking states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
The organization’s interventions include major sectors such as education, women empowerment, community health including HIV/AIDS, hospitals, community based rehabilitation, ecology, cultural and sports covering 3,244 villages in 6 districts of both states.
Learn more on www.vicenteferrer.org