Head of Communications
|Sector||Science & Medicine|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
You will identify key opportunities to promote the work of UK Anti-Doping and have the ability to understand which medium (whether traditional PR, digital tools or social media) to use to deliver maximum effect to reach our desired audiences. You will have a strong understanding of the latest digital technology and social media channels with the possibility of taking UK Anti-Doping through the development of a new corporate website.
You will work with the Director of Communications to develop an organisational narrative and maintain key messages, taking responsibility for developing and delivering a communications plan to support our organisational objectives. You will have experience of running integrated communications campaigns working with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be an experienced line manager who will work with your two direct reports to create engaging content and copy that supports the delivery of the communications plan.
Essential qualifications/experience and skills
• A bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience in communications and public relations
• Relevant significant work experience of managing multiple communications activity ideally within a high profile or complex political environment
• Experience of line management
• Experience of working under pressure in a fast-moving environment including the ability to manage your own workload and that of a team to effectively meet set deadlines
• Experience of building relationships with key journalists and other stakeholders
• Experience of crisis communications
• Experience of producing a range of high quality communications materials for websites, publicity, newsletters and reports
• Experience and understanding of a range of digital and social media channels including how to segment and target different audiences
• Competent and proven writing and editing skills for a range of target audiences and channels
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
• Experience of social media (in particular Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) and using Content Management Systems for updating website content
• Ability to work with external partners and suppliers
• Self-motivated and able to operate with minimal supervision
• Creative approach to work, with the ability to develop innovative solutions and use initiative in problem solving
• Strong team player with the ability to show understanding and sensitivity to others’ views and objectives and to support other team members as required
• Ability to manage budgets
• You will have an in depth knowledge and understanding of a whole range of different sports and the wider sporting landscape
For further details on the vacancy please see here
• 25 days holiday plus bank holiday and accrue 1 days holiday for every year of service up to 30 days
• 2 days paid sports leave and 1 day paid volunteer leave per annual leave year
• Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan (interest-free)
• Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
• Flexible Working Hours (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
• One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period
• Childcare Vouchers
• Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
How to apply:
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVS AND COVERING LETTERS ALONE.
Please make sure you fill out the application form and Equal opportunities form (the attached 'supporting documents')
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD)
UKAD is the national organisation dedicated to protecting a culture of clean sport.