Tech Lead Developer
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Production & Design, Product Design & Development|
As one of technical leads in Sportradar's rich media product vertical (https://www.sportradar.com/digital), your responsibility will be to design and develop projects focused on delivery of sport data to the digital publishing/media industry. You'll start with a fully operational product already in its final BETA phase, ready to be extended to a production scale environment.
- Technical leadership of a small team of developers
- Design, build and run scalable, reliable and secure product architectures.
- Integrate with different API's.
- Understand security standards and data integration from mixed sources.
- Design database models and real-time search engines
- Create highly interactive web applications using modern back-end/front-end technologies.
- Drive the implementation of the responsive front end user experience while thinking and designing creatively for look and feel to the user.
- Be aware of the challenges of the digital publishing industry (content publishing, caching mechanisms, distributed systems and 3rd party integrations).
- Present ideas and solutions to business stakeholders, users and software developers in a clear and understandable way.
- Co-create and deliver an ambitious roadmap in close coordination with various business and technical stakeholders in the Sportradar group.
- Internal UI/UX team
- Other technical leads of different Sportradar products
- Globally distributed (non)technical teams, following agile development processes
- Project managers, product owners and technical leads in different product and service verticals, looking for perfection and on-time delivery
- Clients from the digital publishing/media industry, journalists and sport experts
- Demonstrate skills related to troubleshooting issues, coordination and collaboration.
- Desire to accept new (technical) challenges and venture into uncharted territories - positive, cando attitude!
- Super passionate about using technology to solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent English.
- At least 5 years of experience working as frontend/backend developer on different medium-tolarge scale web projects.
- 2+ years experience in leading technical teams, technical mentoring and/or managing technical projects.
- Experience in a modern build environment on a large-scale development projects.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (unit testing, CI, code reviews, design documentation).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel, as necessary
- In-depth experience from Object Oriented paradigm (e.g. Python, C#, Java or C++), concurrent and async programming practices, functional programming and performance analysis
- Strong CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, design patterns.
- In-depth experience designing workflow/scenario/data services (server side) and data oriented user interfaces.
- Strong background in server side programming including Java/J2EE, or similar
- Experience in DB development, modelling and architecture (e.g. Postgress, Oracle, SQL Server,MySQL or MongoDB)
- Demonstrated competence in full life cycle management of REST or Web Service APIs including specification and system deployment. Familiarity with API authoring and frameworks tools.
- Experience in implementing real-time search engines (Elasticsearch, Sphinx, Solr, etc.) preffered
- Experience in caching strategies and implementation (Memcached, Redis) preffered
- Experience with modern UI frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, React)
- Experience in API integrations
- Work surroundings comprised of enthusiastic sports data and sports betting industry experts
- Internal training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary (based on experience/performance)
- Collaborating with supporting colleagues from all over the world
- Working with state-of-the-art equipment to solve technological challenges
- Opportunity to work and develop within an inspiring and fast-growing company
We change the way the world experiences sport and provide cutting-edge solutions to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
Our team collaborates globally and is committed to solve the challenges we face on our way but never without a pinch of fun and play.
Make the team: Join us and shape your future as well as ours!
Sportradar is the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data.