Product Manager – Web and Apps
Formula One is one of the largest global sports, with well over 500M fans worldwide. The Formula One Group is a group of companies responsible for the growth of the sport and exploitation of the sport's commercial rights, representing approximately $2B in 2016 revenue.
As digital platforms increase share of time spent and voice, Formula One Group is investing to increase its digital presence, supported by a new, highly capable team to drive these initiatives. The group is engaged in aggressive new digital product development and optimization of its digital operations and technology in order to grow and strengthen multiplatform interactions with fans and partners.
To support this aspiration, Formula One is building a Digital Product team to drive forward the transformation of its digital product suite against three global aims. (1) Reach and engage more fans both on and off Formula One’s own platforms. (2) Develop Formula One’s own platforms to become market leading as Sports fan engagement experience. (3) Develop audience relationships to add significant incremental value behind each tier of a 4 step model - (i) Off-platform engagement, (ii) on-platform free experience, (iii) on-platform login experience, (iv) on platform premium.
As part of the Product team, Formula One are looking for an exceptional and delivery focused Product Manager to lead on audience engagement. This is an exciting opportunity for a product specialist who wants to play a leading role in shaping the future of the Formula One fan experience.
As the right candidate for this position you will be passionate about the role digital can play in both Sports coverage and brand experiences – with product management experience on multi-territory/language propositions. You will be able to bring that to life by working brilliantly with design and development teams knowing when to lead, and when to support others. You will have strong, business and analytical skills as well as a flair for the creative. You will thrive in dynamic workplace and be comfortable meeting tight deadlines with high profile product launches. You will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, always focusing on getting the job done. You will be as comfortable taking on a leadership role with technical delivery teams and third party suppliers as you are discussing the weekend’s Grand Prix with the content team. You will use data and insight to inform decisions – but will also have strong intuition and experience for what good looks like and know when to fall back on this. You will be as strong immersing yourself in the detail of the day-to-day of delivery as you at seeing the wider strategic opportunities in an ever-changing tech landscape. And you will effectively balance and prioritise competing business requirements – always putting the customer first.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the main responsibilities for this role will be:
- Lead on the development of Formula One’s core products – app and web
- Support the Head of Product in the creation and execution against a digital product roadmap: with relaunch of core digital product offerings ahead of the 2018 Formula One season
- Develop a clear on / off platform strategy for user engagement and developing fan relationships
- Work closely with our users and research team to deeply understand and address user needs and prioritize product investment and enhancements
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers and technical delivery teams to deliver against a roadmap at pace, whilst relentlessly focusing on quality
- Test, optimize and iterate against the existing feature set to continuously evolve and improve the on-platform fan experience
- Continuously seek opportunities to bring innovation to the Formula One fan experience
- Contribute fully to a success-oriented, accountable environment both within the product team and with our digital product partners
Required Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience working on consumer-facing Digital products within a sports, media or consumer technology company
- Extensive experience working with design, UX and content teams – including staff, freelancers and external vendors
- Strong background in project delivery with evidence of end to end product management experience including app-store submissions
- Technically strong, without necessarily coming from a computer Science background
- Strong understanding of consumer behaviour and its impact on digital product development. Proactive use of research, data and analytics to inform product decision-making
- Excellent business and technical communicator: able to capture and articulate detailed requirements as acceptance criteria or product specifications and summarize the same information for different audiences
- Product management experience on multi-territory/language propositions