|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Legal|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Salary||USD3,000 - USD3,500|
The Integrity Officer shall be responsible for the implementation of the measures to prevent, detect and respond to match-manipulation in Asian football which includes matches and competitions organized or authorised by the Asian Football Confederation.
The Integrity Officer shall support the AFC Member Associations and their respective Integrity Officer by developing an educational program related to integrity in football.
He/she shall also support the AFC judicial bodies and the Secretariat to the AFC judicial bodies in their investigation into integrity related matters. The Integrity Officer shall also be responsible to liaise and report to the relevant law enforcement authorities any infringements discovered in the course of an investigation.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
The Integrity Officer reports to the General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs and supervises the Integrity Unit.
III. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
• Completion of a course linked to sports’ integrity matters is preferred
• Minimum 5 years working experience in related fields (Law Enforcement, Legal, Compliance)
• Working experience in an international environment and good understanding of the issue of match-manipulation and integrity issues in football is an advantage
• Strong track record of implementing inclusive and diverse projects/programmes successfully
• Excellent English language skills, both written and oral; Knowledge of additional Asian languages is an advantage;
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills;
• Excellent listening and presentation skills;
• Good knowledge and interest in football;
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work in an analytical, rational and rapid manner.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and stressful situations;
• Ability to show initiative and think ahead;
• Ability to effectively multi-task;
• Ability to deal with high-risk situations;
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
IV. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comprehensively assist the Integrity Officer in the execution of duties and responsibilities;
• Exchange information and experience with AFC Member Associations (MAs), MA Integrity Officers, FIFA, Confederations, Law Enforcement Agencies / International organisations active in combatting match-manipulation with regard to its investigations and prosecution;
• Develop, organize and maintain awareness raising and training mediums and avenues for all targets of match-fixing in including players, team officials, match officials, administrators and other persons involved in Asian Football;
• Deal with information received from AFC MAs, MA Integrity Officers, betting monitoring partners, FIFA, Confederations, Law Enforcement Agencies, AFC reporting mechanisms, open source media and other sources including inter alia players, team officials, match officials, administrators, match organization officials, clubs and internal/external whistleblowers/informants;
• Initiate and conduct fact-finding inquiries or detailed investigations linked to match-manipulation in accordance with the AFC Disciplinary and Ethics code and other relevant AFC regulations. This includes inter alia collecting documents, reports, paperwork, documentary evidence, conducting interviews with witnesses, suspicious/accused persons, whistleblowers, informants etc. and analyzing/assessing information for veracity or legitimacy. In doing, so collaborate closely with the Secretariat of the AFC judicial bodies;
• Create timely reports detailing all forms of information exchanges and active investigations as well as regularly maintain a database which houses all such information and reports;
• Undertake special assignments and ad-hoc functions as and when required.
V. DIFFICULTY AND COMPLEXITY:
• This position requires a high degree of professionalism and an ability to interact with a variety of entities and individuals;
• Strict confidentiality and impartiality in performing the duties required;
• This position requires high level of concentration and the ability to analyze, summarize and create specific and accurate reports for legal purposes.
VI. ENVIRONMENTAL DEMAND:
• This position requires long hours of sitting and using computers which can cause muscle strain;
• Travel will be required;
• The position will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete difficult tasks within tight deadlines. The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and handle corresponding work stress in a positive manner is required;
• High risks and/or discomforts are imposed upon this position by the job situation;
• A healthy lifestyle and good physical mobility are required for this position;
Asian Football Confederation
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) is the governing body of Asian football and one of the six Confederations making up FIFA. Formed in 1954 in Manila, Philippines, the AFC is now headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and consists...