Senior Manager, Digital
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
This role will help grow the NBA’s digital operation in Europe, Africa and Middle East while also managing the relationships with the NBA’s digital partners. As part its responsibilities, the Digital Manager will contribute to the digital sales efforts for the region and will have specific sales targets. The role will also be involved in the marketing, packaging and distribution of the NBA’s direct to consumer products for EMEA.
The successful candidate will work closely with other departments, both in London and New York including Marketing Partnerships, Merchandise, Communications and Marketing, in order to define and implement a fully integrated Digital strategy. The position will report into the Senior Director, Digital, based in London.
- Manage existing content licensing deals including but not limited to official destination partnerships in key territories
- Control and assist implementation and promotion of the NBA brand with these partnerships, including content delivery, collections and promotional requests
- Build strong relationships with partners and key digital stakeholders
- Work with the Senior Director of Digital new partnership models and distribution channels for the NBA Digital products
- Stay abreast of new digital initiatives and lead research on other sport properties
- Identify, track and analyze key digital metrics for every digital partners and for NBA content provided to these partners.
- Assist TV team in the contract negotiation of key partners
- Work with the Sponsorship team to maximize the value of digital advertising
- Assist the Marketing team in the creation and implementation of the NBA Europe Fan engagement strategy
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of business models of the digital market and sport market
- In-depth knowledge of digital disciplines including audience analysis, targeting, digital production
- Ability to express and present ideas or facts concisely and precisely
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships with partners and internal teams
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Very close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with poise, confidence and sense of humor
- Fluent English and at least one other European language is strongly preferred
- An understanding of the NBA and love of sports will be an advantage
- University degree with a major (or focus) in Strategy, Digital Media, Technology or related subjects
- 5+ years of experience in the Sport and/or Media industry, preferably in a digital department
- Understanding of digital and Fan engagement metrics is essential
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, social media and digital marketing
- Training in a web analytical tool (Google Analytics, Omniture…) is a plus
The NBA’s entity that conducts the league’s business in Europe was formed in 1997 in Geneva, Switzerland. The NBA is committed to growing the sport, and stages regular-season games in partnership with FIBA, local federations and the Euroleague.