The establishment of ISN is to provide sports science, medicine & technology services, conduct research and development in the area of sports; and provide continuing education towards achieving excellence in sports.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE - SPORTS BIOMECHANIST
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Biomechanics services for ISN through the delivery of current and innovative techniques appropriate to training objectives and needs analysis of a select group of elite athletes and coaches.
- Import and implement new concepts and technology in order to develop cutting edge programs in sports biomechanics, resulting in an improved biomechanical preparation for sporting excellence, in accordance with the aims and objectives of ISN.
- Responsible for test preparation, calibration, data entry, assessment report.
- Deliver expert knowledge and guidance to coaches, athletes and other performance scientists in interpretation of the test results and analysis.
- Lead and contribute to any applied research. Present lectures, workshops, problem based learning on relevant topics to coaches/athletes/ISN staff and others.
- Continually develop Biomechanics methods at ISN
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD or Masters degree in Sports Biomechanics or related area and/or
- Experience in working as a Biomechanist with high performance athletes.
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sport Science.
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of a team