The establishment of ISN is to provide sports science, medicine & technology services, conduct research and development in the area of sports; and provide continuing education towards achieving excellence in sports.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE – SPORTS THERAPIST
MAIN TASK AND ACTIVITIES:
- Work with sports physicians, physiotherapists, coaches and conditioning specialists to implement exercise that achieves peak physical performance and minimises injury risk
- Deliver appropriate sports therapy manual techniques based on scientific evidence and clinical knowledge to aid in injury, rehabilitation and return to sport
- To plan and deliver education and specific programme for injury prevention, injury care and post-match/training recovery
- Conduct evidence based fitness assessments to determine if athletes can compete, require extra treatment or need referral to other practitioners
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD or Masters of Degree in Sports Therapy
- Experience in working as Sports Therapist
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sport Medicine and relevant disciplines of sports sciences such as conditioning and biomechanics
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of a team as well as autonomously
- Leadership by example
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality