The establishment of ISN is to provide sports science, medicine & technology services, conduct research and development in the area of sports; and provide continuing education towards achieving excellence in sports.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system for Elite High Performance Athletes (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the program, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE – PHYSIOLOGIST
MAIN TASK AND ACTIVITIES:
- Identify key physiological factors that contribute to sport performance.
- Implement evidence-based strategies and interventions to maximize athletic potential of Elite athletes
- Lead and conduct in field and laboratory based fitness assessments. Analyse, interpret, and disseminate data to athletes and coaches.
- Monitor training load and competition demands to advise on appropriate training volume and recovery strategies for optimal adaptation.
- Assist and advise coaches about the design of training interventions according to each athlete’s physiological profile, training goals and competition schedule.
- Use, maintain, and calibrate lab-related equipment such as, but not limited to, metabolic carts, ergometers, force platforms and electronic timing systems.
- Prepare and conduct education session for coaches, athletes and scientists on issues related to exercise physiology and sport performance.
- Where required, support any applied research in the field of sport physiology as well as assist in the data collection and analysis for other approved projects.
- Work in collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of sport science and sport medicine professionals in the Institute.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or Sport Sciences.
- 3+ years working experience in a high performance sports setting.
- Professional certification would be an added advantage.
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Resilience to demanding environments
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development.
- The ability to work individually and as part of a collaborative team.