Sports Performance Analyst
The establishment of ISN is to provide sports science, medicine & technology services, conduct research and development in the area of sports; and provide continuing education towards achieving excellence in sports.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (Podium Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE - SPORTS PERFORMANCE ANALYST
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Performance Analysis services for ISN through the delivery of current and innovative techniques appropriate to training objectives and needs analysis of a select group of elite athletes and coaches.
- Work alongside Coaches to include Performance Analysis and use objective data and information (video and numerical) to impact performance Coaching processes and enhance performance knowledge.
- Mentor athletes on performance analytical techniques to help develop their individual match preparation, enhance their tactical awareness during matches and provide footage as required
- Stay current with sports requirements by locating and reviewing sports specific web and journal resources and competitor analysis. Analyse, critique and apply literature to enhance athlete servicing and research capabilities.
- Deliver technology training and Performance Analysis education to athletes, coaches and staff as required at all levels at ISN.
- Continually develop Performance Analysis methods at ISN.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD, Masters or Degree in Sports Science or related Performance Analysis area.
- Experience in working as a Performance Analyst with high performance athletes.
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sport Science.
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment
- Able to work variable and odd hours
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of a team