Sponsorship & Business Development Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Following a ground-breaking deal to acquire the 25,000-seater Darlington Arena in 2013, Darlington Mowden Park RFC has gone through an unprecedented transition on both commercial and sporting fronts.
The Club has seen some remarkable successes including rugby promotions, hosting premiership and international sport, delivering concerts and securing a partnership with New Zealand All Blacks during the Rugby World Cup.
As part of the continued and exciting growth plan there is an opening for a Sponsorship & Business Development Manager to join the clubs expanding off field team. The post represents an opportunity for the correct candidate to gain exceptional exposure and have outstanding progression opportunities.
Headline areas of focus for the new position will be:
- Development, sale and account management of sponsorships and corporate partnerships
- Development and sale of corporate led products and hospitality across various Club and venue activities
- Development, sale and management of a number of corporate led events
- Development and management of new client networks and platforms
- Working generally with the off-field team to develop a best in class commercial operation
- To work with the Managing Director and the commercial team to develop, manage, promote and sell a range of products including hospitality, advertising, sponsorships and partnerships to agreed targets for both rugby and non-rugby functions of the Club.
- To work with the Managing Director and commercial team to develop a best in class sponsor and partner lock-up and strategy.
- To specifically drive sponsor and partner sales and renewals.
- To proactively develop and manage networks and platforms for sales prospecting.
- To specifically develop and drive a new business club.
- To ensure all sponsor and partner documentation and contracts are complete and robust.
- To account manage and deliver all activations within sponsor and partner contracts, being proactive and creative across various platforms to exceed contract values.
- To work with the Marketing & Communications Executive and external communication partners to ensure sponsor and partner coverage is delivered.
- To keep detailed and well maintained relationships with sponsors and partners.
- To be point of reference and to manage or channel all sponsor and partner requirements.
- To work with the event & operations managers to integrate sponsor and partner activations into key events.
- To event manage and deliver a number of corporate led events each year to budget, supported by the commercial team.
- Other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage lasting relationships
- Excellent ability to communicate and sell products and services to all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- An enthusiastic, committed and self driven individual
- Willingness and flexibility to work weekends and occasional week nights
- An ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously
- The ability to deliver initiatives effectively both as an individual and as part of a team
- Passion and drive to develop a career within sport and events
- Educated to degree level
- Valid driving license and access to a suitable vehicle
- A proven track record of business development and sales
- Experience of working within sport and/or event environments
- Practical sponsorship account management and activation experience
- Understanding and management of sponsors and partner contracts
To apply please send CV and covering letter
Post: Full time Post
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Location: The Northern Echo Arena, DL2 1DL
Closing date for applications: 25th August 2017 (early applications preferred)