ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE - SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST
MAIN TASK AND ACTIVITIES:
- Provide Sports Psychology services for ISN, through the delivery of current and innovative techniques to a select group of elite athletes and coaches.
- Develop a long-term periodised service plan toward major International events based on training and competition needs analysis.
- Deliver expert knowledge and guidance to coaches and athletes from various mental skill and behavioural assessment tools.
- Integrate Sport Psychology services as part of the whole sports program that will involve multiple disciplines of Sport Science and Medicine.
- Lead a change in culture toward excellence.
- Lead and contribute to any applied research. Present lectures, workshops, problem based learning on relevant topics to coaches/athletes/ISN staff and others.
- Continually develop Sport Psychology methods at ISN
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD or Masters Degree in Sports Psychology, member of an Internationally accredited body and
- 5 years experience in working as a Sport Psychologist with high performance athletes, preferably in Skill based sports.
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sport Science.
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of an integrated service team
- Resilience in demanding environments