Strength & Conditioning Specialist
The establishment of ISN is to provide sports science, medicine & technology services, conduct research and development in the area of sports; and provide continuing education towards achieving excellence in sports.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major International events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE - STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING SPECIALIST
MAIN TASK AND ACTIVITIES:
- Long term periodised planning and monitoring of strength and conditioning for targeted sports to physically peak at major events such as the Olympic Games, World Championships, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and SEA Games.
- Design, implement and review the strength and conditioning programs for targeted athletes based on specific assessment procedures, current training methodologies and an integrated approach with the Coach and High Performance Team.
- Apply a comprehensive approach to all aspects of strength and conditioning including, training/match preparation, recovery as well as addressing strategies for improving resistance to injury.
- Keep up to date electronic records of athlete programming, testing and training monitoring data on the ISN athlete data management platform. Provide regular reports to stakeholders.
- Analyse, critique and apply literature to enhance athlete servicing and research capabilities. Lead and contribute to any applied research where applicable.
- Continually develop Strength and Conditioning methods at ISN via mentoring of staff, lectures and workshops.
- Travel - both International & domestic with sport teams and athletes where required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD or Masters or Degree in Sports Science / Strength & Conditioning
- Experience in working as a Strength & Conditioning Specialist with high performance athletes
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sports Science.
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of a team building strong relationships with key stakeholders