5 days left
- Full Time
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SPORTS INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (ISN)
The National Sports Institute of Malaysia (ISN) is an agency under the Ministry of Youth and Sports and is responsible for the delivery of Elite Athlete preparation programs for major international events such as the Olympics, World Championships, Asian and Commonwealth Games.
ISN is striving to take Malaysian sports to new heights of sustainable achievement through the development of an improved high performance delivery system (PODIUM Programme). ISN is hiring a team who will develop, manage and execute the programme, and is looking for suitable candidates with the right experience and capabilities to apply.
POSITION TITLE - SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPIST
MAIN TASK AND ACTIVITIES:
- Ensure that best practice physiotherapy services are provided. Candidates are expected to have a strong background in the application of progressive, evidence based sport physiotherapy services to individual athletes, coaches and teams, in an elite-sporting environment.
- To make use of resources available to increase and update knowledge and skills of physiotherapy including evaluating and applying relevant research to ISN staff
- Provide regular musculoskeletal assessments and targeted interventions to national carded athletes.
- Implement and coordinate plans through a multidisciplinary approach to the prevention, diagnosis and management of sports related musculoskeletal injuries.
- Responsible for the safety and competent deployment of equipment, for example exercise therapy, electrotherapeutic modalities and hydrotherapy for athletes.
- Provide support, teaching, specialist and highly specialist advice to the staff within the rehabilitation team on a planned or ad hoc basis to less experienced physiotherapists, technical instructors/assistants or physiotherapy and medical students (internship).
- To make use of resources available to increase and update knowledge and skills of physiotherapy including evaluating and applying relevant research to athletes and coaches for prevention of injuries during training and competition through education, training and supervision.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic Degree in Physiotherapy with advanced training in Sports Physiotherapy (Advance or Post-Graduate Diploma Degree, Master, PhD or equivalent)
- Engage in the CPD programme to enable knowledge sharing and personal professional development amongst peers.
- More than 5 years working experience as a Sport Physiotherapist with good hands-on skill of physical modalities. Working experience with athletes is an advantage.
- Good understanding of other disciplines of Sport/ Rehab & Physical Medicine.
- Relevant sports science disciplines such as conditioning and biomechanics
TRAITS AND PERSONALITY:
- Strong communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- The ability to work as a member of a team as well as autonomously
- Leadership by example
- Resilience to demanding environments