Sales & Acquisition Support Associate
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
|Salary||up to £25,000|
Salary: up to £25,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday, stakeholder pension scheme. Support towards training for an appropriate business qualification (e.g. AAT) will be considered
Place of Work: Cardinal Place, 80 Victoria Street, London, SW1
Who we are
Lagardère Sports is a globally integrated sports marketing agency, delivering a full range of services for sports rights holders, brands, athletes and media companies. With offices and operations in more than 25 countries, we are a truly global sports marketing and entertainment agency.
The Global Headquarters for the Media division is based in the Victoria Street Office. The Media division includes both commercial and corporate services staff working globally across media rights trading, production, content creation and media consulting in sports.
About the role
The position of Sales & Acquisition Support Associate is a newly London based role, replacing a role performed previously in Stockholm, Sweden. Due to the re-organisation of Media contracting and support services, the corporate services team is being centralised in London. We are also implementing a new SAP based ERP system that will be crucial to the effective control and processing of the Media business.
Reporting to the Media Controller, you will play a key role in managing the sales and acquisitions contracts and information from the global commercial teams into the ERP system. Duties will cover a range of financial procedures as well as being a key interface between the commercial teams, finance functions and the legal teams.
The role is ideal for a University graduate seeking their first move into industry, with an interest in pursuing a career in Sports and Finance. As the business develops there could be an opportunity to expand your responsibilities and embark on study towards appropriate qualifications.
- The timely and accurate input and maintenance of commercial contracts within the ERP system, liaising pro-actively with multiple stakeholders across commercial, legal and finance teams, both locally and internationally;
- Support the finance team in the preparation of management and in individual project accounting;
- Support the finance team in the sports event closing and event reporting;
- Proactively manage information from acquisition teams and sales teams globally;
- Support the finance team in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
Who we are looking for
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Being a proactive self-starter with excellent organisational skills, responsibility and attention to detail;
- Performing your work with high accuracy and proactively structuring and planning your upcoming tasks;
- Having a personal driving force to always improve your work and the processes that are in place;
- Being focused to always to offer solutions to problems;
- Self-confidence with modesty, integrity and having the courage to question when needed;
- A confident team player able to understand and respond to the requirements of multiple stakeholders, both local and international;
- Good level of Microsoft Office literacy, including a proficiency with Excel;
- Experience from working in a business system like SAP is advantageous;
- A genuine interest in sport (desirable, but not essential).
How to apply
Applications consisting of a current CV and covering letter, confirming availability and the right to work in the UK.
Lagardère Sports is a leading sport marketing agency, with a global network of local experts dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs.