Senior Jumping Trainer
|Location||Hong Kong (HK)|
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
A world-class horse racing operator and one of the world’s largest charity contributors, donating a record HK$3.9 billion in 2015/16. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest by far, generating HK$20.9 billion in 2015/16 for public funds. A pioneer in technology, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A membership club, recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. Above all an organisation dedicated to the overall betterment of Hong Kong. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you a rewarding career with unparalleled prospects for growth and development.
Senior Jumping Trainer (Ref: SEA-F-10075114-SJT-J)
Our Equestrian Affairs Department aims to fulfil the Club’s vision to promote riding as a sport and raise participation at all levels, from beginner through to elite. It oversees the management of four equestrian centres, including the Member’s facility at the Beas River Country Club and three public riding schools at Tuen Mun, Pok Fu Lam and Lei Yue Mun. The Beas River Equestrian Centre (BREC), being the largest in Hong Kong, houses 250 horses and provides world class facilities including a riding school, livery yard, competition centre, rehabilitation and retraining unit (RTU), as well as a spelling unit for Hong Kong’s racehorses.
- be reporting to Chief Riding Instructor (CRI(BREC))
- work closely with CRI(BREC), Head of Riding School and RTU Officer to provide excellent services to members
- train & produce horses for livery and riding school; schooling of members’ and Clubs’ horses
- provide high quality coaching (flat and jumping) to livery and riding school members
- prepare members for BREC and HKEF competitions and support on competition days
- develop programmes to encourage participation in jumping and eventing in Hong Kong
- assist in assessment of retired racehorses; work with other discipline trainers and RTU Officer to devise effective fitness and retraining programmes for retired racehorses
- select horses and actively assist in their production for jumping and eventing use, with a view to developing a wider pool of competition horses for Hong Kong and Hong Kong riders
- coach staff to improve knowledge and skill of schooling horses on the flat and over fences
- act as a member of the Show Committee, actively contribute to the management of horse shows, focusing on developing competitive opportunities for all levels in jumping and eventing
- ensure OSH policies are adhered to and safe practices are instilled in work at all times
- maintain accurate records for effective monitoring of lessons and billing to clients
- perform any other tasks as assigned by management
- be an experienced jumping and eventing rider who has competed in one or both disciplines to at least FEI level and ideally with relevant equestrian coaching qualifications
- have passion for developing equestrian sports
- have excellent skills in coaching riders of all ages and all levels with flexibility
- have expert knowledge of training methods for schooling a variety of horses under saddle and from the ground; experience of working with thoroughbreds would be advantageous
- preferably be a fluent speaker of English; good understanding of Cantonese will be an advantage
- have good communication and interpersonal skills
- be customer centric with a positive and flexible approach and political sensitivity in handling external stakeholders (e.g. members and clients)
Terms of Employment:
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
How to apply:
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (852)2966-6984.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.