IPC Medical Manager (f/m)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Medical Manager (f/m) at the IPC HQ in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible, in a multicultural and international team.
Reporting to the IPC Medical & Scientific Director, these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring the implementation of medical rules by sport, including reviewing medical encounters and risk assessment by sport, in collaboration with the IPC Medical Committee and the respective IPC Sports
- Developing event and major games medical policies, and “medical care”-policies for the Paralympic Movement under the IPC Medical Code
- Managing the daily tasks in regards to the IPC Sport Injury & Illness Survey in co-operation with external parties and the Research Group
- Co-ordinating the TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemptions) Management for IPC Sports and IPC major events
- Co-ordinating research project applications related to IPC Sports and major events
- Collaborating on educational initiatives
- Liaising with the IPC Medical Committee and IPC Sports Science Committee
You should meet our requirements:
- Have a (para-)medical university degree or relevant expertise in the field
- Experience in scientific concepts and methodologies and a particular interest in the development of athlete health and safety as well as the prevention of injury and illness
- Experience in the planning of medical services at sporting events
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent English verbal and written command
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Be able to operate with limited supervision and multitask in a fast changing environment
- Be flexible and available for occasional weekend work and business trips
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English as a PDF file via the apply button by 15 August 2017.
Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to you application!
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.