Intern – Marketing Services
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Wasserman is a sports, entertainment, marketing and management company with expertise in media rights, marketing consulting & experiential marketing, athlete management and commercial partnerships.
Key roles & responsibilities:
Wasserman’s Marketing Services team creates connections between brands, properties, talent and consumers across sports, music, entertainment, fashion and lifestyle sectors. The team has combined the industry’s most experienced thought leadership with comprehensive marketing services capabilities to deliver innovative programs for some of the world’s leading brands and properties. We provide a range of services from strategy, negotiation and activation to valuation, creative, and digital media and our global reach provides the right mix of expertise and market intelligence which enables us to recognize potential opportunities for activating these markets to grow businesses and brands.
To support the team and gain invaluable insight into Wasserman business the Intern will:
- Assist with efforts related to and gain exposure to evaluations of new marketing opportunities, sponsorship strategy and account management, brand integration, measurement and ROI analysis and creative development.
- Conduct research on potential clients to help support new business efforts.
- Prepare materials for client meetings and new business pitches including PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Aid in the end to end running of research projects including: survey writing & scripting, data analysis and reporting.
- Assist department with both short term and long term special projects or tasks.
- Assists as necessary with the maintenance of client relationships. Miscellaneous duties as needed geared to keep the client satisfied and certain that the company has only the client’s best interests in mind.
- Performs various departmental support tasks.
The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
Qualifications & knowledge:
- Currently studying of having just finished a qualification in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Experience in a numerical subject
Skills, expertise & knowledge:
- Well-developed communication, organisational, time management, and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with deadlines
- A team player who works best in a mix of different people and enjoys helping other people develop their ideas
- Comfortable working in a small team where your working objectives can change depending on the immediate needs of the company
- Confident and always willing to express your honest opinion.
- Articulate, excellent communication and diplomacy skills to resolve client issues
- Strong attention to detail and experience manipulating and analysing data
- Ability to build strong lasting relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint skills with the ability to develop client facing presentations / materials
- Strong interpersonal skills to not only engage with the immediate team, but establish a relationship with client team
- Analytical thinker who loves playing with and manipulating data to extract key takeaways for clients and key stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a keen interest to learn from other members of the organization and clients
- A creative thinker who is able to produce original ideas by thinking both laterally and literally.
- Comfortable with desk based research, reading lots of articles and putting together client presentations or company reports.
- Passion for sports and entertainment, and the business of those industries
- Always up for a challenge. You jump into new projects head first with a positive attitude.
WASSERMAN is a full service, culture-centric agency built to serve the best talent, brands and properties in the world. We are united by our passion and belief in the power of culture.