Commercial Assistant (Internship)
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specializing in professional sailing and outdoor sports (running, trail running, triathlon and cycling). In the meantime, OC Sport manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in France, Switzerland, the UK, USA and China, form the OC Sport Group.
OC Sport Outdoor Events are a growing portfolio including market leading cycling and running events as well as triathlon. Joining the team offers a great opportunity to gain insight and knowledge into the sponsorship and sports marketing industry. Our Commercial Assistant gets full exposure and the chance to manage commercial deals from A to Z.
Reporting directly to the Outdoor Events Commercial Manager to support various activities, and develop your own skills, the role specifically includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Take an active part in outdoor properties commercial development namely Haute Route (cycling), running events and triathlons
- Prospection and lead generation using various channels (phone, email or others)
- Support the team in preparation of presentations and ensuring proposals are convincing and professional
- Participate in commercial team meetings, both internal and external
- Research on sponsorships / companies and others materials required to support the team
- Updating key processes used by the team
- Answering phone and dealing with general office administration
- Attend some of OC Sport’s events to assist the Team
This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks when required.
- EU or Swiss National, or a relevant work permit
- A real passion for a career in commercial field evidenced in previous experience and interests
- Love of sport and outdoor events is essential!
- Knowledge of sports and the sports marketing industry especially in outdoor sports (cycling, running, triathlon) will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
- Must have fluent English with fluent French desirable
- The knowledge of a third language will be an asset
- Pro-activity: ability to prospect by phone and demonstrate initiative
- Creativity and leadership in pushing new ideas
- Ability to prepare cutting-edge business proposals or documents (quotations, contracts, order forms, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work with tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively
- Ability to take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- Good knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, Keynote/Mac) etc
- Driving license would be desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- “Convention de stage” or formal agreement through your educational provider is mandatory
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF
- 20 working days holiday for a 12-month internship, this holiday entitlement would be pro-rated to 10 days for a 6-month internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
How to Apply?
Simply email your application (CV / cover letter) in English via the apply button.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.