Hospitality Assistant (Intern)
|Location||Isle of Wight, UK|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Ticketing, Hospitality & Protocol|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and event management company specialising in professional sailing, outdoor events, managing competitive teams and athletes, and providing consultancy to brands, host venues and other events.
Our office in the UK, France, Switzerland, USA and China, form the OC Sport Group.
Dongfeng Race Team is an international professional sailing team that was created to take part in the Volvo Ocean Race, the pinnacle event in fully-crewed and extreme offshore ocean racing. The team entered the last Volvo Ocean Race in 2014-15 and finished third overall; it is now aiming to improve on that performance for the 2017-18 edition.
Dongfeng Race Team now seek to appoint a Hospitality Assistant (Internship) for this exciting project. The Hospitality Assistant will report directly to the Hospitality Manager and will work under his/her supervision.
The Hospitality Assistant will work full time from August 1st 2017 until October 31st 2017 and will be expected to work evenings and weekends on occasion. Possibility of extension.
Salary and terms available upon successful application interview.
- Assist the Hospitality Manager in organising and managing all event details. This includes catering, entertainment, location, guest lists and promotional materials.
- Work with the marketing and PR department to promote and publicize the event.
- Brief volunteers prior to the event and coordinate their activities.
- Support the Hospitality Manager to deliver the overall guest experience.
- Tasks will include but not limited to; dealing with volunteers, contractors and suppliers, welcoming customers and helping with set-up and pack-up.
- Post event reconciliation such as updating database systems, processing invoices through the accounts team and preparing reports for senior management.
- UK, EU or Swiss National
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin). Additional languages would be beneficial
- Team player
- Proactive approach to problem solving using own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when working on-site at events with long work days
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, Keynote etc.
- Willing to travel
- Full driving licence
- Affinity with, and basic knowledge of, sports and the sports marketing industry
To apply please send a CV and cover letter, by email, demonstrating your relevant abilities and outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job, to Coralie Dubois (email@example.com). Please include ‘Hospitality Assistant – VOR’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 17th of July 2017.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.