|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Division / Unit: Operations / Events & Finals
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.09.2017
The Event Manager plans, implements and delivers a variety of corporate and competition-related events (such as congresses, draws and dinners), as project or domain leader in venue management, stage operations, entertainment or ceremony production management (depending on the project), according to UEFA's standards and requirements.
Acting as project leader for various events, the main responsibilities including:
- Performing project management and administration tasks for assigned events (i.e. producing project charters, concepts, project plans, detailed budgets, staffing deployment plans, debriefing processes and reports for senior management);
- Implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the project;
- Planning and conducting site visits;
- Executing contracts;
- Leading the project team in a matrix structure comprising staff from other units and divisions;
- Ensuring that events are delivered in line with the objectives;
- Acting as the main contact for the local organising structures (if any) and/or event venues.
Acting as a domain leader for various events, the main responsibilities including:
- Gathering and consolidating venue requirements;
- Carrying out site visits;
- Defining, sourcing and implementing all services related to the venue in order to meet the venue requirements and provide working conditions for UEFA staff and suppliers;
- Contracting suppliers;
- Acting as the main contact for event venue and UEFA colleagues.
Stage operations/entertainment or ceremony production management:
- Developing programme and creative concepts;
- Appointing creative and production agencies;
- Contracting and managing presenters/special guests/performers and ensuring that the contractual obligations and riders are fulfilled;
- Developing running orders and entertainment content with production agencies;
- Coordinating with internal units/divisions;
- Organising rehearsals and ensuring that the show and ceremony programmes are successfully executed.
- At least five years' experience as entertainment or broadcast production manager for large live broadcast events, including at least three years as project or team leader for major sports events.
- Bachelor's in event management, broadcast production or the event industry field
- English / Advanced
- French / Proficient
- Any other languages would be an asset
- Experience in an international and multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel
- General football knowledge
- MS Office / Advanced
- Project Management / Advanced
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.