Accommodation & Conferences Specialist
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Division / Unit: Services / Travel, Accommodation & Conferences
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.09.2017
UEFA's Accommodation & Conferences Specialist is in charge of drawing up concepts, developing and delivering accommodation and meeting-related activities for events organised by UEFA, including competitions, conferences and training courses. The role requires customer focus, service orientation and a solution-minded approach, as well as the ability to optimise costs and control a budget.
Conceptual and contractual phase:
- Listening to and anticipating internal and external clients' needs;
- Developing accommodation and meeting concepts (from 20 to 5,000 rooms) in line with UEFA service levels;
- Organising and conducting site visits;
- Negotiating contracts with hotels and other suppliers (up to 20 hotels per event for major tournaments).
Event implementation phase and on-site management:
- Ensuring the smooth and high-quality implementation of the accommodation concept;
- Collecting accommodation and meeting-related requirements from internal stakeholders and centralising hotel-related communication flows;
- Managing room blocks according to cancellations;
- Initiating deposit payments through UEFA's finance division;
- Producing food and beverage forecasts and placing orders according to the service levels required and the budget available;
- Coordinating all accommodation and meeting-related activities (rooming list, running orders, technical and AV requirements, etc.);
- Making sure services are provided to the correct levels.
After the event:
- Checking and managing final invoices and payments;
- Coordinating internal reinvoicing.
- At least two years of relevant experience, preferably in hotel management at sports events.
- At least two years' experience of dealing with high-level target groups (teams, VIPs, sponsors, broadcast partners, etc.) in connection with sports events.
- At least two years' experience in customer service and event management.
- Bachelor's or equivalent, preferably in tourism, hospitality or hotel management.
- English / Proficient
- French / Advanced
- MS Office / Advanced
- Project Management / Advanced
- Willingness to work long hours at events and at weekends
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel (travel periods usually vary from 2 to 10 days, sometimes up to 30 days)
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.