Manager, Sports Medicine and Science
|Location||Antigua, West Indies|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Cricket West Indies is headquartered in Antigua, is the governing body responsible for cricket in the West Indies. Its mission is to manage, develop and promote cricket to the benefit and enjoyment of the West Indian people and the world.
The Manager, Sports Medicine & Science will be the main coordinator/implementer of all matters related to medicine and sports science in West Indies Cricket. The jobholder will work closely with the WICB’s Medical Panel to develop guidelines and policies, and will ensure that these are implemented and monitored. The individual will also be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operations of all sports science affiliated staff (inclusive of Team Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, Massage Therapists, etc.), to provide a seamless coverage of care provision for all West Indies representative players and ancillary staff with integration into the regional Franchise System.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordination and implementation of sports medicine/science activities.
- Policy development and implementation.
- Data collection, reporting and communication
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Science, Physiotherapy, Medicine or related discipline.
- A sports specific post graduate degree would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in high performance in a senior sports medicine/science role.
- Record of success working with technical staff and other performance specialists to deliver high performance support programmes.
- Proven record of implementing operational plans and delivering on agreed targets.
- Exceptional administrative skills including strong attention to detail and the capacity to meet urgent deadlines, multi-task and prioritise.
- Outstanding communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills, including the capacity to develop and maintain good stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of sports science and sports management best practice.
- Knowledge of applied sports medicine and science strategies.
- Knowledge of performance analysis techniques and programmes.
For a detailed job description and application form, please visit www.cricketwestindies.org.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter and completed application form via the provided 'APPLY' button by July 14, 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.