Manager, Coaching Education
|Location||Antigua, West Indies|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Cricket West Indies which is headquartered in Antigua, is the governing body responsible for cricket in the West Indies. Its mission is to manage, develop and promote cricket to the benefit and enjoyment of the West Indian people and the world.
Responsible for the development and implementation of a national coach strategy which broadens the base of quality of coaches, increases the overall technical standard of national coaching, establishes consistent and professional coach education programs and drives the engagement and recognition of coaches nationally. Promote the national coach pathway to franchise/territories, ensuring its integration with the national player pathway. Create a culture for coaching excellence in Territorial Boards through the provision of quality coach development material.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Strategy development and direction.
- Lead the development and implementation of a coach development framework.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the development and delivery of workshops and seminars for coaches annually.
- Ensure a framework is in place to ensure quality oversight, monitoring, communication and reporting of the coaching education programme.
Skills and Experience Required
- Tertiary level qualification in sports management, business management, or related discipline
- Accredited Level 3 Coaching Qualification
- Proven experience with establishing and delivering a coaching strategy regionally/nationally, either in cricket or another sport.
- Proven experience and demonstrable success working in coach management in sport (ideally cricket) with at least 3-5 years’ experience
- A strong track record in dealing comfortably with senior management, coaches, educators and other key stakeholders in a variety of formal and informal settings.
Training, development or teaching experience.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; communicate consistently, openly and honestly.
- Quickly establishes and maintains rapport and effective relationships at all levels.
- Ability to set clear strategy to meet business needs, whilst fully understanding the importance of stakeholder buy-in and support to influence change.
- Ability to manage and measure work including setting clear objectives and measures, clearly assigning responsibility for tasks and decisions, and monitoring progress against objectives for self, direct reports and the areas for which you are responsible.
- Ability to influence others with excellent team building, collaboration and partnering skills.
- Willingness to be held accountable and desire to deliver against objectives.
- Ability to be innovative and maximise opportunities
- Competent in use of current Microsoft Office
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter and completed application form by July 14, 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.