Media Rights Coordinator
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Business Development & Sales|
Division / Unit: Marketing / Media Rights & Services
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.10.2017 (or earlier)
UEFA's Media Rights Unit is responsible for managing the sales processes for all media rights across all UEFA competitions. The Media Rights Coordinator supports the Media Rights Manager and Head of Media Rights and Services in implementing UEFA's media rights strategy, in particular for youth, women's and futsal national team competitions as well as archive sales.
- Acting as the main point of contact for UEFA's appointed sales agency for UEFA youth, women's and futsal competitions: supervising tender/sales processes, reviewing and approving contracts, coordinating rights delivery with internal and external stakeholders, reporting to management and contributing to the strategic development of those competitions;
- Sharing responsibility for the implementation of UEFA's direct and indirect archive sales across all UEFA competitions: external agency management, direct contract negotiation, strategic development, reporting to UEFA management;
- Supporting the Media Rights Manager with agency and sales management for UEFA men's national team competitions (UEFA EURO, European Qualifiers/UEFA Nations League), taking the lead for selected markets;
- Contributing to the unit's input for competition regulations and acting as the unit lead for youth, women's and futsal competition regulations;
- Contributing to the unit's input for ongoing topical issues, e.g. UEFA's digital and social media strategy, piracy matters and sales strategies;
- Preparing ad hoc reports, presentations and financial summaries for UEFA management.
- from 2 to 4 years' in a related field (e.g. sports marketing, media agency) with a proven track record of at least two years in a position involving (media) rights sales and contract negotiation.
- Bachelor's preferably in a related field such as (sports-)marketing
- English / Proficient
- Any other language is an asset
- Good understanding of and a strong interest in the global (sports-)media landscape and related rights matters
- Good command of the fundamental legal aspects related to sports rights (contract/rights structures, applicable legislation, piracy issues)
- Knowledgeable about and interested in football
- MS Office / Proficient
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.