Senior Sales Manager
EHF Marketing GmbH is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Manager, with a strong sales track record and experience of working within the sports industry, to work in close cooperation with senior management to generate new sponsoring partnerships for European handball’s top club competitions.
- Lead the development and structuring for the Europe-wide sponsorship strategy
- Identify, develop and manage new sales opportunities and packages to attract new sponsors
- Develop and design sales presentations
- Planning and organization of sales events in order to attract new sponsors
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant potential sponsorship partners
- Initiate and lead negotiations with potential sponsorship partners
- Work closely together with the EHF and EHFM management board
- Sales professional with at least five years’ experience in a sales role within the sports market
- Relevant academic degree
- Proven track record of successful sports sponsorship sales
- Network of contacts with international brands and potential sponsors
- Experience of working in an international environment, dealing with global issues, across different cultures and languages
- Ability to create sponsorship offerings and presentation materials
- Ability to listen and understand customer requirements and attune them to the values and opportunities of the portfolio of EHF Marketing
- Ability to influence, persuade and sell global Europe-wide sponsorship packages
- Very strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to travel and work according to event schedules
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional European languages (especially German) extremely useful
- Comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- Flexible and able to travel on a frequent basis
- An interest in or understanding of handball is a strong advantage
- Preferred starting date: 1 August 2017
- Full time job
- Work place: Hoffingergasse 18, 1120 Vienna, Austria
About EHF Marketing GmbH
Based in Vienna, Austria, EHF Marketing GmbH is the marketing arm and a subsidiary of the European Handball Federation. The company works closely with marketing and media partners, as well as with Europe’s leading clubs to realise the full potential of the sport on the international sports market. EHF Marketing GmbH is responsible for the marketing and media rights of club competitions including the VELUX EHF Champions League, Women’s EHF Champions League and the Men’s EHF Cup. Further information: eurohandball.com, ehfCL.com, ehfTV.com.
Making your application
Applications should be made in writing in English, with a current CV and a covering letter setting out why you would like to apply for the Senior Sales Manager’s position.
Applications should be sent via the APPLY button.