Head Skating Coach
|Location||Shatin, Hong Kong|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
HEAD SKATING COACH
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$833,280 to HK$1,790,880)
The HKSI works in close collaboration with Hong Kong Skating Union (“HKSU”) in achieving the jointly defined goals of elite training. Therefore, while reporting to the Chief Executive / Deputy Chief Executive, the incumbent is also responsible to the HKSU to ensure the following duties are satisfactorily conducted:
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of the Skating elite training programme in line with the agreed training and competition aims of HKSU and HKSI;
- To lead all regular strategic reporting to HKSU and to ensure a positive collaborative working relationship between HKSU and HKSI;
- To lead the Skating Department, managing coaching and administrative staff, ensuring that it operates effectively, efficiently and within the annual financial budget;
- To ensure that all scientific, medical, education and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the Skating programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To create systematic opportunities for talent to emerge through related programmes;
- To contribute towards the overall development of coach education programmes which promote the development of local coaches;
- To contribute to in-house and general media publications as requested; and
- To contribute to the enhancement of the professional image of the HKSI and HKSU.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of national level coaching certificates;
- Over 10 years’ proven experience and achievement in coaching Skating at international level;
- Substantial experience in leading programme planning and administration in Skating;
- Demonstrated ability to utilise sports science and sports medicine to add value to the training and coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal/ analytical/ evaluation/ planning skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Strong links with international Skating bodies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issue in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability on or before 13 August 2017. Please quote reference no. GS-20170714-HSKAC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http:// www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.