Senior Event Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football and world class events. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to the Wembley General Manager the purpose of this role is to ensure the challenges & requirements of events are effectively met by the Event’s team. The role holder will develop strong relationships with all existing and potential event owners and will ensure that all events are effectively planned and safely delivered.
The role holder will be expected to seek continuous improvements in the overall venue operation during events in order to enhance both the reputation and commercial success of the Stadium. Whilst acting as Event Manager for some events, you will also be responsible for developing the knowledge, skills and experience of other members of the Event Management team in relation to all events, ensuring a consistent, high quality service is provided to all customer groups.
The role holder will have the ability to deliver all events in the Wembley calendar and have a key understanding of Event Owner; logistical and health & safety requirements for sport and music events.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Venue General Manager to deliver short and long term strategies, ensuring we continue to deliver a first class event management service to all Event owners; whilst developing effective relationships with all delivery partners and stakeholders
- In liaison with senior colleagues develop a flexible and adaptable venue management plan for events which ensures that a high quality, customer-focused event day operation is delivered at all events.
Event planning & delivery
- Define the requirements & service standards to help ensure that the Stadium team provides the best possible experience and support to event owners and music promoters aligned to the Wembley Vision and The FA Group business plans, measurable against key milestones and KPIs;
- Ensure a bespoke Event Management plan for each event with supporting documents is produced
- Develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with all Event owners, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the long term and venue hire agreements, delivering outstanding event experiences and supporting the Business Development Team as required in their commercial and contractual negotiations by assisting them in the understanding of build schedules and conversions and Event Owner requirements.
- On Events days, the role holder will ensure that the Event management team have a holistic approach and oversee all aspects of the event day operation in internal and external areas.
Event Management Team
- Develop a training & knowledge transfer programme for departmental colleagues to ensure that all Event Managers acquire the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully fulfil the role of Event Manager on all events and thus ensuring effective succession planning for events, representing the team both internally and externally at relevant forums as required by the Head of Event Management.
- Have line management responsibility for nominated Event Manager(s) and /or Event Coordinator as required, managing PDR process, training & development opportunities, annual leave & TOIL requests and general welfare of individuals
Health & Safety
- Ensure the Event Management team develops an informed and pro-active approach to event health & safety. Working closely with the Operations team to review and improve the current event and concert related safety systems and procedures, ensuring event related risks are identified and appropriately managed (seeking expert support as and when required) and a robust and globally understood approach to concert health and safety planning, preparation and delivery is implemented for all events.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of the planning and delivery of major sport and music events
- Experience of managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience of delivering of a commercial product in a safety focussed environment
- Experience of applying health and safety practises to the live events industry
- Experience of understanding and interpreting event budgets
- Experience of training and developing staff
- IOSH qualification or similar
- Proficient skills in Microsoft office
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.