Intern in Equine Clinical Practice
|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Medicine & Science|
A world-class horse racing operator and one of the world’s largest charity contributors, donating a record HK$3.9 billion in 2015/16. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest by far, generating HK$20.9 billion in 2015/16 for public funds. A pioneer in technology, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A membership club, recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. Above all an organisation dedicated to the overall betterment of Hong Kong. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you a rewarding career with unparalleled prospects for growth and development.
We are looking for a junior clinician to join our team of eleven veterinary surgeons in January, 2018. You will be based at the Equine Hospital, working with Thoroughbred racehorses in training at the Sha Tin racing complex. You will work closely with senior colleagues and there will be opportunities to gain experience and develop practical skills in a busy, high-quality racing environment. You will be encouraged to contribute to ongoing and future departmental research projects. Accommodation will be provided.
The Intern in Equine Clinical Practice is primarily responsible for:
- providing assistance to senior colleagues
- in the administration of daily treatments during routine stable rounds
- in the performance of diagnostic procedures
- during race day operations
- supporting general veterinary-related services such as accompanying airport convoys and contributing to clinical cover for riding schools when required
- performing general anaesthesia and assisting with elective and emergency surgery
Ideally, you should:
- hold a degree recognized by the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong
- have experience in equine practice and be able to demonstrate competence in core clinical skills
- be enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- have good communication and interpersonal skills
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An 18 month contract will be offered to the successful candidate. Further contract renewal or conversion to career terms will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for application is 31 August 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.