Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just six years, we've had over 2.5M people participate, opened international offices in the UK, fundraised over $12M for charities and had over 10,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
Tough Mudder’s U.K. office is based in London. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – that want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
We’re looking for a smart and outgoing Operations Supervisor to join our Operations Team for the UK. The primary responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to create and manage an exceptional event experience within the Mudder Village area – focusing on maximizing customer satisfaction whilst delivering a seamless, cost effective operation.
The role holder will report into the Operations Manager, and will work closely with the Course & Construction Manager, Mini Mudder & Workforce Associate and other central event service functions.
- Assist the Operations Manager with all event planning requirements
- Own the planning and delivery for all front of house aspects of the event. Specifically focus on design, set up and management of the Mudder Village area
- Identify, negotiate terms and contract external vendors and service providers
- Identify and deliver revenue enhancing activities to drive on site participant spend
- Identify and deliver opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction through the Mudder Village experience
- Ensure effective partner servicing and management
- Create event specific briefing documents for both internal and external use
- Manage up to 120 staff on event weekends
- Create purchase orders and ensure financial control documents are up to date and accurate
- Assist in post-event budget reconciliation
- Strong critical thinker and communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver and conflict manager
- Focused on meeting objectives and delivering results
- Willing to be based in London and travel 30-40% of the time
- Bachelor's degree from a leading university
- Minimum 3-4 years of work experience in event planning, operations, project management or outdoor industry
- Experience of mass participation event planning preferred
- Valid driver's license is required