Strength & Conditioning Intern
Anantapur Sports Academy is looking for a Strength & Conditioning Intern to work with our coaches and youth athletes, in a variety of sporting disciplines including cricket, football, field hockey, tennis, judo and softball. The Intern will be responsible for delivering strength & conditioning programmes for athletes, as well as assisting coaches in putting in place strength & conditioning systems within existing programs. The successful candidate should be passionate about developing young athletes and have the ability to maximise their performance potential.
- Work closely with the Head Coaches of respective sports to ensure the high quality delivery of a holistic strength & conditioning programmes for the athletes.
- Develop and implement a process of periodisation, peaking, tapering, injury prevention, rehabilitation, recovery and athlete screening/assessment.
- Lead delivery of all strength & conditioning programmes and work with existing fitness trainers to deliver programmes.
- Keeping athletes accountable for what they are doing and closely monitoring their training loads and strength & conditioning plans.
- To attend training sessions as appropriate, and competitions and provide on-site support.
- To keep all documentation and records up to date.
- Assist with coordinating, maintenance, and staffing of weight room/strength facilities; assist in scheduling weight room training for the various groups of athletes
About Anantapur Sports Academy:
Anantapur Sports Academy (ASA) was started in 2000 by Rural Development Trust (RDT), a non-governmental organization (NGO), based out of Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. RDT believes that youth participation in sports is very much necessary for the growth, self-esteem and confidence of rural children and through ASA, it has been undertaking suitable initiatives to promote and establish a sporting culture among the rural youth and support the ambitious talent to succeed at higher levels.
During 2015/16, through ASA program, nearly 10,000 children participated in eight sports namely Cricket, Hockey, Football, Judo, Tennis, Softball, Archery and Special Olympics spread across the district of Anantapur.
Learn more on www.anantapursportsacademy.in
About Rural Development Trust (RDT):
RDT is an NGO founded by Vincent Ferrer and Anne Ferrer in 1969 in Ananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh. RDT has been undertaking various need-based welfare and integrated programs of development to improve quality of life of rural poor, especially marginalized and underprivileged sections in Telugu speaking states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
The organization’s interventions include major sectors such as education, women empowerment, community health including HIV/AIDS, hospitals, community based rehabilitation, ecology, cultural and sports covering 3,244 villages in 6 districts of both states.
Learn more on www.vicenteferrer.org
How to Apply:
Submit a copy of your resume alongside a covering letter which clearly outlines how your skills and experiences match the requirements set out above via the provided link.
Please also see attached a supporting document with the full job description.